Were is the General Sherman on here?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wrong again.

SLI #1, which the MEC voted down for the POS it was, would have eliminated all 717 CA seat protections if there was a reduction of even 1 airframe from that fleet. Yet SWA kept saying all along that they were going to keep that plane until natural lease expiration beginning in 2017 and going through 2023; and kept saying this even while they were trying to get Delta to sublease them.

As for "smaller companies"...that may apply to anything outside of airlines. But with airlines there are laws in place such as Allegheny-Mohawk and Bond-McCaskill to see to it that the pilots of the acquired airline do not get sent to the street; a concrete item that you still fail to understand.

Don,

Good luck with the anger dude. I know you didn't ask for this and neither did we. I get the fact that you may have never applied to SW or even wanted to be here. Your NC negotiated deal one. They saw merit in it. You should have been able to vote on it....whether it would have passed or not will never be known now. They short circuited your choice. Gary gave his best offer up front. Plenty here said the second offer would pale in comparison. As Whine said, you could have voted SAI2 down as well. Offer three would have been worse. The Airtran MEC hosed every single one of you.

RF

Because your airline was acquired by my airline, not arrogance, just a fact. If it weren't for Bond/McDildo you would have been stapled.
Its because of human underwear crayons like you that Bond/Mcdildo was created. The beauty of the situation is as your senior SWA Capts, stay in their seats until stroking out, you will be swinging gear for a long time, enjoy it tool bag....

Man! Feelin' the WON LUV over here! Actually, your MEC got you better seniority by voting NO. If you would've voted NO again Kelly probably would've sweetened the pot even more. SWAPA would've gladly acquiesced. (they always do whatever Kelly wants you will soon find that out) Apparently SL-10 was the magic formula since both sides overwhelmingly voted for it. (I voted NO)

Since you guys were given so many sweetheart deals I heard SWAPA's going to craft the next TA to reward RSW pilots for giving up so much to help Gary's tranny deal go through.

'bout freaking time.

By the way--

This is exactly what I meant by Dan Roman, callsign "Chef," stirring the pot. He started this thread, simply to get the same usual suspects to have the same argument all over again, raising everyone's blood pressure, pissing everyone off, over something none of us had much control over and something none of us can change. And, of course, it accomplishes nothing.

I guess it had been a while, and the arguing and finger-pointing had died down a little, and he must have been bored. So he starts it anew with a General Sherman analogy. Nice one, Chef! I'm proud of you. You should be proud of yourself as well. You even managed to work in your whole "Warrior Spirit" running joke. Still funny the 432nd time in a row!

Bubba

Because your airline was acquired by my airline, not arrogance, just a fact. If it weren't for Bond/McDildo you would have been stapled.

Which demonstrates why we do need a certain amount of Government regulation. It actually benefits both parties when you think about it. Obviously there is no moral justification for thinking you should be able to acquire another healthy airline and do whatever you want to the employees. How would you feel if DAL acquired you and stuck all of you on the bottom of the list? But also, if SWA was allowed to use their little "Warrior Spirit" mantra and just totally screw over the AirTran folks with a staple they would have created a cancer in the company that might have been enough to ruin it. We'll see if what they have already done has a negative impact.

Last edited:
And just so you know, I'll say again, you know who I work for. Hence my reason for posting so much on the one airline acquiring another subject.......and of course grown men going around talking about having a "warrior spirit" as it applies to flying commercial airliners around is too easy of a target, although not as good as airline pilots using fighter pilot nicknames I might add!

Why don't any other industries have Bong-McCatstinks/A-M language? Is it because it's 'more unfair' in this industry than the others?

It always amazes me when grown men can use little high school pet slurs when trying to describe something they don't agree with or don't understand. Bong, Dildo? really guys, it makes you sound stupid and does nothing to make your case.
You think it's so bad having legislature that protects you if your company is acquired? Suppose 5 years down the road SWA finds itself being squeezed by Spirit, Jetblue, Frontier, VA etc on the LCC side and finds it hard to compete with the full service legacy's. You would be alright with UAL acquiring you and just stapling you? Not saying it will happen, but anything can happen in this industry. No one can predict what will happen, the only thing for sure is there are no sure things and we all live in glass houses. It's nice there is at least some protection facing an unknown future.
Are you also against regulations that protect retirement funds, or you think it's was fine that UAL could torpedo theirs and than award 800 million in management payouts?

Just injecting a little humor Dan. Actually the first part of your reponse made me laugh as well.

But in all seriousness, why just the airlines? Why not the auto industry, or an appliance company like Whirlpool, or John Deere. There is seniority and pension involvement at those place too I bet.

Latest resources

Back