Were is the General Sherman on here?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exclusively?

It amazes me that on a board that is for people from the entire industry that anyone could get on here and think they should be able to post with some sort of exclusively about their airline and if someone comes in with an observation from a different point of view, that person has the audacity to somehow think it's none of their business. Hello? This is a board for everyone, not just SWA. It's a good thing to hear what others think coming from a different POV. You can eaither keep an open mind or bury your head in the sand.
I think the word you want is "exclusivity" but I'm sure you consider it shows more "maturity and intelligence" dicking it up while you're failing to make some point.

I have no qualms about you posting whatever your little heart desires. I just think it's funny that you're SO INFATUATED with everything SWA. Actually, the more I think about it. I guess I'm flattered.

I've always considered that we were all (airline pilots) in the same boat together. And, that we were all trying to achieve the same goal. I never considered my brethren at OAL's my rivals and there definitely was not a competitive factor since we don't have teams and play each other on Friday night.

That doesn't mean that there aren't the usual tools that have to stick their nose in other peoples business and try to chime in on anything and everything even when it doesn't have squat to do with them. Instead it just highlights how small, petty and narrow their pathetic little lives really are.

So please. continue. I love sparring with mental midgets like you who use big words improperly while they attempt to besmirch me for calling them out for what they really are.

I've always considered that we were all (airline pilots) in the same boat together. And, that we were all trying to achieve the same goal. I never considered my brethren at OAL's my rivals and there definitely was not a competitive factor since we don't have teams and play each other on others teams.[/QUOTE

On that we can agree! Elsewhere you did make a point about the DAL pilots you have met are nothing like the DAL pilots on here. I can say the same about the SWA pilots. We used to layover at the Monarch in PDX, met a lot of very nice SWA crews. So it's really just Flt Info banter for lack of a better term. On here the SWA Folks have pretty much flooded the site with why everything SWA is superior and ALPA sucks etc. without a very good perspective on the rest of the industry or it's history. That said, I work for Hawaiian, that's why I have such an active interest in the airlines merging strings (although I am fairly confident we will survive alone, you never know in this business) You don't see me bashing Lubbock and I recently made the observation that there are plenty of legacy airline pilots that bought Flt Engineer ratings to get an interview, you might want to throw that one out on your other string! My take is we both have very good jobs and so do the DAL pilots, I don't need to put down one or the other to defend mine.

Btw, SWA's "warrior spirit" mantra comes across as completely going against the grain of us all being airline pilots in the same boat and not competitors's, that why I single that out so much.

Roman

"Warrior Spirit" is management buzzword lip service at its finest. Maybe those using it here are just doing so to fire up the debate. I dunno. I don't think you'll see me pointing to it as us being better than anyone else.

I'll admit that I jumped into this late in the game. What I've seen is guys coming on threads that have nothing to do with them, bashing SWA for no other reason than to bash SWA.

Our product and more specifically, the product that the entire industry has put out over the last few years has suffered greatly.

Clueless middle managers, TSA, disgruntled employees, race to the bottom contracts, PBS, and outsourcing of jobs are just a few contributing factors that come to mind.

It would serve us all better to row in the same direction than to tear each other apart at every opportunity.

:D

It amazes me that on a board that is for people from the entire industry that anyone could get on here and think they should be able to post with some sort of exclusively about their airline and if someone comes in with an observation from a different point of view, that person has the audacity to somehow think it's none of their business. Hello? This is a board for everyone, not just SWA. It's a good thing to hear what others think coming from a different POV. You can eaither keep an open mind or bury your head in the sand.

Dan, his head isn't buried in the sand...it's stuck in a completely different place. :eek:

doh

Dan, his head isn't buried in the sand...it's stuck in a completely different place. :eek:
Stimulating!

That doesn't mean that there aren't the usual tools that have to stick their nose in other peoples business and try to chime in on anything and everything even when it doesn't have squat to do with them. Instead it just highlights how small, petty and narrow their pathetic little lives really are
I think you fit the profile perfectly.

:p

Latest resources

Back