• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

well that was quick.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To be fair to my detractors, I tend to only come out when a hot button Union issue is on tap, because I don't like the union philosophy, as you might have noticed. So it appears like I am a hired gun, one using blanks, of course. Cheers!

Me thinks ye proteseth too much...

Thanks for the good wishes. I gotta ask a dumb question, what is FMLA? I am not good with acronyms, among other things. :)

Seriously? You have never heard of FMLA?!?

Who honestly believes a word this person types?

Wolfie? Gutshot? Is this guy for real?

My head is sore from all the facepalms.

Yep, our boy jumped the shark on that one!

Or go fly for another company who paid me more. Which I am looking at doing now, due to the activities of our beloved union.

Where do I forward the job leads?

We don't spend our time discussing all this contract/ workers rights stuff when we fly. We talk about our 401Ks, sports, the weird and wonderful workings of the Female brain (thanks Alistair MacLean), politics, our favorite restaurants, our kids and grandkids, stories about unusual things we have experienced in the plane to watch out for, President Obama, guns (some of us, not me), airplanes, golf, our favorite destinations, the ridiculously complex STAR we will have to comply with with in several hours, the worrisome thing we hope the union won't do next. We don't think management is idiotic or criminal. Our culture is just very different, that's all. Ask the "A" guys and gals who came over, if you don't believe me. Ask them how much they enjoy being here, watch them smile. We don't have the contract memorized, in fact, we hardly know what the highlights are. I haven't looked at that thing in months, perhaps I should. We just fly and have fun and hope the company prospers, so we can continue to fly and have fun.

G4, if (god forbid) someone you love becomes seriously ill, so that you have to be by their bedside 24/7 caring for them, you will quickly become familiar with the FMLA, and you will bless the people who created it. Every family that has had children since the '90's knows about it. The FMLA is one of the few acts that makes our country a little more civilized in how it treats its citizens. Brought to you by unions and the Democratic Party, with, to be fair, some help from moderate republicans. Many a manager has tried to ignore it, or to pretend that it does not work the way that it was intended. Luckily for every one who draws a paycheck, it does.

Waco

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back