Well, it is now Official....!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MFRskyknight said:
Woohoo! Congrats. I'll be sharing that same feeling with ya in a week or so, I hope. :)

MFR

Good luck MFR...and say "hi" to DC for me.

Q,
Congrats...knew you'd do fine! :p

Commercial next?

-mini

minitour said:

Q,

Commercial next?

-mini
same here. i passed my instrument and CFII written exams today, end-of-course prog is on sunday, and hopefully by wednesday i'll be instrument rated as well!!! but congrats, quazar, and good luck m'fer ;)

minitour said:

Q,

Commercial next?

-mini

Yea.. I am off to school this sunday and I am stepping right into commercial! Should be fun.. cant wait!!!

cforst513 said:
same here. i passed my instrument and CFII written exams today, end-of-course prog is on sunday, and hopefully by wednesday i'll be instrument rated as well!!! but congrats, quazar, and good luck m'fer ;)

Must be a good time to get the instrument rating, eh?

Well good luck all taking a checkride (that should cover it)!

Cforst, you goin commercial next?

Q, Where you goin to school?

MFR, How bout you? Commercial next?

Take it easy...don't let the sound of your own wheels...well...you know...

-mini

minitour said:

-mini

I am going to st. cloud up here in MN. I will start day one with my commecial ground school.. a freshman in a junior class, will be interesting! This is my plan of attack if anyone cares to listen.. haha

I want to get my commercial this year, then my CFI/I and MEI sophmore year so I can instruct my junior and senior year so I have enough hours do get on with a regional right out of school. I dont know if this is feasable but that is what I am shooting for, doesnt hurt to have goals does it? :D

Sounds like a reasonable plan. Just leave your options open. If airlines is what you want to do, that's great...but you may end up with other offers on the way. Make sure you consider them all.

You could also see if any flight schools/fbo's in the area are looking for a ground school instructor. If so, take the FOI/AGI/IGI writtens (AGI and IGI are the CFI and CFII writtens...AGI has a few others like Lighter than air, etc...not hard though) and start making money teaching. It'll get your feet wet with the instruction and help you out a ton for your CFI ride (IMHO).

Good luck with it. What will you be flying for your Commercial SE and ME rides?

-mini

fifty30retard said:
Coupled approach for an instrument rating? Man I 'm feeling old. Back when I got my instrument rating.......never mind.

Old??? I'm not "old", and never heard of this for an initial IFR rating!!! Or maybe I'm not as young as I think:( .

Last edited:
I wont be doing my ME with them, they drag out the course for half a year, and you could reasonably get your ME eating in a week. But for the commercial, I am assuming I will still be in the 172sp's

minitour said:

-mini
mini, i'm gonna get my total time up first before starting commercial. i will be doing commercial part 61 b/c even with adding my 150 hours or so time building, it will be cheaper than all those hours being built w/ an instructor in part 141. so hopefully next week i'll be instrument rated, then it's nothing but eating, sleeping, and flying!

Latest resources

Back