Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

QuasarZ

I am Instrument rated!!!

As, some of you know, I did my oral a day ago, and today I finished my flight portion. It went very well, excpet the hold, it took a little work to get established because the winds were like 30-40 kts.

We left KSTP, I picked up V2 and went down to PRESS intersection for some manuvers. We did constant airspeed climbs/decents, constant rate climbs/decents, partial panel turns, climbs decents, unusual attitudes. From that we got a clearance for the ILS 30 at airlake, that was a full stop. We then took of again and got vectors for the VOR 12 and at the IAF I lost my attitude ind. and heading indicator. I went missed and did the published hold at FGT then vectors back in for the GPS 31 at st. paul. I am really excited that I am finished and it went so well.
Thanks to all that posted on my other threads and helped out. I knew a lot more than I gave myself credit for!!

congrats! Now, I'm sure you've been told this by your instructors, but this is a license to learn. Just be careful out there, and gain some ifr experience with a safety pilot. Remember icing season is just around the corner!!

oh yea.. I will not go flying without my dad or uncle (both airline pilots) in IMC for a while. I just want to have someone that is experienced with me as a saftey net.. and plus.. flying a lont is boring!! ha

Congratulations Quasar!! That's a huge accomplishment you just passed!!

Now go out there and be safe, and have some fun!

Congratulations

Thanks to all that posted on my other threads and helped out. I knew a lot more than I gave myself credit for!![/QUOTE]

I'd recommend you file IFR everytime you want to go somewhere, even in clear VMC. The practice inside the system is invaluable, and you'll find it's actually easier than VFR if you're going in/out of congested airspace and Class B.

Congratulations again. Just remember to periodically look up from your dash and look outside while driving! Enjoy it!

Woohoo! Congrats. I'll be sharing that same feeling with ya in a week or so, I hope. :)

MFR

Thanks everyone.. it was a blast.
MFR.. you will do fine, thats what everyone said to me and now look at me!!!

Latest resources

Back