Well, it is now Official....!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cforst513 said:
mini, i'm gonna get my total time up first before starting commercial. i will be doing commercial part 61 b/c even with adding my 150 hours or so time building, it will be cheaper than all those hours being built w/ an instructor in part 141. so hopefully next week i'll be instrument rated, then it's nothing but eating, sleeping, and flying!

Good decision (IMO).

I honestly wish that's the way I'd have done it. I could've done more IFR flights even if it was severe clear...would've been nice to take some long trips to FL or TX and see the country. Get used to working in "the system" and don't forget the occasional VFR trip in a stripped down old 152...ah...hind sight is sooo 20/20...

Let me know if you're taking any trips back up this way 'n we'll do lunch. I've got a case of Top Ramen in my car that still has yet to be opened...:p

Good luck with the 'ride.

-mini

minitour said:
Good decision (IMO).

I honestly wish that's the way I'd have done it. I could've done more IFR flights even if it was severe clear...would've been nice to take some long trips to FL or TX and see the country. Get used to working in "the system" and don't forget the occasional VFR trip in a stripped down old 152...ah...hind sight is sooo 20/20...

Let me know if you're taking any trips back up this way 'n we'll do lunch. I've got a case of Top Ramen in my car that still has yet to be opened...:p

Good luck with the 'ride.

-mini
hahaha, ramen? i, uh.... i'm washing my hair that.... month.

yeah, i plan on hopefully splitting the cost of some time-building with gkrangers, c172girl, and her roommate from riddle. as it is now, 160 hours in our SP by myself would cost me $14,080 and in our R model (which i have blocked off from tomorrow til October 29 :)) it will be $11,520. mix in a little 152 action at $50/hour and split either of those prices about about 1/2, and i'll be doing ok for myself. we have some brand new (less than 50 hours hobbs AND tach) glass 172's i want to get checked out in b/c they're running a sale this month. they usually cost 108/hr, but they're on sale for $91/hr. also, we have a 172 outfitted with a diesel/jet A engine, and if i get checked out in that, its a bit cheaper than the 172 SP price. so, basically, i have a lot of options available to me, which is why i love my school so much!!!! hopefully i can work something out with those 3 individuals so that i can be accompanied on most/all of my trips w/ a safety pilot. but we'll see. i have to pass my checkride first!!!

Damm that sounds like a great place down there...they hiring? haha

Seriously man...this is TOP Ramen...so it's the good stuff. I got oriental chicken and beef vegetable...

...of course it's all just noodles and "spices" but you get the point.

What's up with the 172 diesel/jetA deal? I don't think I've heard of that before.

-mini

basically it's an engine for a 172 that will run off of Jet A. i think it's a modified diesel. jet A is cheaper and more refineries make it, so that's why we did this to the airplane. starting it involves pushing a button... and that's it!!! there's no mixture control, cruise is at 75% of power or so (and the percentages are right there by the throttle, color coded i believe, so you just put the throttle to those places and let it be). once i learn more about it i'll let you know. we had the first one in america and now it's overseas. i think the one we have now is still the only one in the US. the R model is up for retrofitting here pretty soon. i have to fly the crap out of it before they do that, though. if you want more info on the school, PM me and i'll give you the name of a guy who used to work there. i'll be hoping to get hired by early next year if i get my instructor tickets. they just hired about 10 CFI's, though, for the riddle rush!

You know???? Reading a thread like this is the reason I stuck with flying after the fun of buzzing my mom and dads' house lost it's shine. Kudos to all you lil buzzers and may you always have a tail wind.
Godspeed!

Schoolio,
It may seem funny to me and you both now, but that's what my first capn. said to me. Now in the aviation world, if you hear a story 3 times or you tell it 3 times, it can be all yours and happened to you.
Go ahead and do it now......... See,,, now it's yours and you can use it. Godspeed.

Latest resources

Back