Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atafan

Jet Blue, too much attitude?

I've been a lurker on this board for some time and finally feel compelled to post.

I was really excited when Jet Blue airline hit the scene. I thought, now here's a CEO that finally gets it.

I also have watched the level of arrogance and just plain hot air from many of the Jet Blue employees rise to irritating levels. Most of these types are from "airline newbies". I have some friends of mine working at Jet Blue that are airline refugees that do get the big picture.

I've seen airlines come and go, like all of us. I've ridden my share to their untimely death. I'm excited for you guys at Jet Blue, but please cut out the arrogant BS. These types seem to enjoy poking sticks at airlines like Delta, I agree that might be fun but remember: Sigfried and Roy is down one member, the tiger still has big teeth and sharp claws.

The party isn't over till it's over.

Thankyou for listening.

Last edited:
Feel better?

Thanks for playing, we have a nice home version of the game for you as a parting gift.

:D

I agree. I am disappointed in many of my fellow employees. We have a severe shortage of CRM here - and nobody cares. I am hoping that with an influx of experienced pilots from the furlough ranks, that things will improve.

Horsehockey!

I respectfully disagree, both with Atafan's perception and Crazee8's summary.

What you see here (Flightinfo.com) is often the byproduct of the most vehement emotions and opinions of the 12,000-odd members. Much like a large group, only those with the strongest opinions tend to speak out on many issues.

Most of those who read these boards are, like you, lurkers. I would agree that some of the JetBlue types on this board are much more prone to "rah-rah" polemics than others. Do they embarass me? Sometimes. Do I wish they were more humble? Yep, but those who hold these arrogant thoughts are a small percentage of the whole.

But I would add that other diatribes are often in response to rather impolitic remarks from posters. I'd categorize your thread title in that group: Welcome Aboard Jet Blow Airlines. Seems to me that is a blatant poke at jetblue--don't you think that'll elicit a familiar response from those who love their company?

Debates between Delta dudes and JB are innevitable--we can hope to keep it sane and respectful, and even though we try to argue General Lee into submission, he gamefully replies and counters our comments. And you know what? I enjoy the debate--it is normally all in good form and fun.

Crazee8, you have GOT TO BE KIDDING! We have "a severe shortage of CRM here"??? In what respect? On the job, on this board, where? I certainly don't see it at work.

Far and away I see a commonality of thought: we are all lucky as hell to have a job, to be at JetBlue, and to fly for a living. Our relationships with management and other crewmember groups are pretty good. Most of all, 99% of those pilots I speak with know that we aren't going to be sure of our future until the fat lady sings at age 60. Then we'll figure out how well it went.

Do we have our share of arrogant guys here? Maybe, but while vocal, they certainly aren't the majority.

Eagleflip,

You have an extremely excellent point in that we are very lucky to have jobs right now - and I feel the same way.

Don't get me wrong, I am not slamming JB. I was responding to a couple of the points of the original poster. I don't agree with the poster's overall slam of JB. I should have clarified that.

I stand by my lack of CRM comment - but I really don't want to go into too much detail on this public forum - what good would it serve. Sufice it to say that we have room for extreme improvement here. We have many people here who are very into their personal "captains authority" experience and it worries me - that is all.

They are suffering from ugly shirt syndrone

I apologize for the subject title.

I agree, the title was emotional and I wanted to change it right after I posted the original thread. I regret my choice of words.

I know a few Jet Blue pilots and they like me have been around the block, these guys understand the big picture.

My original post not only applies to pilots but other employees as well. I read not only this board but others, I stand by my original observation. I see a real level of arrogance building at your house and it is up to the level headed JB employees to educate your co-workers with attitude. Attitude is good but We don't need to say everything we think.

Why do I even care enough to post? I really do like the whole Jet Blue experience and I am a big fan of your company and corporate philosophy but I've noticed myself getting very annoyed by your ten percent.

Nothing lasts for ever, especially in this business, you may need help from your brother pilot someday.

If your boat ever starts taking on water, it's better to be surrounded by dolphins than sharks.

My humble opinion.

Well said, Atafan.

"We don't need to say everything we think." Lord, how many times would I have stayed out of hot water if I had only followed that advice.

Perhaps we should all remember that old adage "It is better to be silent and thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt.":cool:

Trijet,

Ugly shirt syndrome? Come on, the blue shirt accentuates the color of my eyes. You're just not looking closely enough to notice. :D

Latest resources

Back