• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Welcome Aboard Jet Blow Airlines....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our shirts are ugly, we are arrogant, etc, etc. Boy, you nailed us. I don't know what to do now that we've been found out.
Humbly yours,

Skank

I give up. You win. We lose.....wait a second, I enjoy this banter--even though it seems it is me against everyone else. (Where is FDJ2 when I need him? He must have a line) I don't mind the occasional cockiness that comes through, hey Ty Webb does it too, and I probably come off that way too every once and awhile. It is great to have pride in your airline, and it is also good to back up your statements. A lot of the Jetblue guys/gals excitement comes from expansion, and I would be giddy too. And we all make statements sometimes that make us look like arrogant jerks---but this is a forum that is open to public opinion. Enjoy!

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

and I probably come off that way too every once and awhile.

General,

Every once and awhile???;) :p

SWAdude:cool:

I've never met a JetBlue pilot I didn't like, however that doesn't mean that they aren't out there. I'm sure JetBlue, as with ATA both have their fair share of bad apples.

So, a few JetBlue pilots have an attitude problem? I've also met a few ATA pilots who have such a poor attitude they should just get it over with and buy a coffin...however, I'm sure 99.9% of employees at both airlines do a great job and are a pleasure to work with. This business of one airline being better than another is silly. Nobody can predict with any accuracy who will be around 20 years from now.

However, why would it bother you that some JetBlue pilots you've met have an attitude? If I had to make a bet, in 30 years JetBlue and ATA probably won't be around (the nature of the industry?)...and in the meantime ATA pilots make more money.

Enjoy life while it lasts.

Noam @ ATA

I kinda liked the shirts at first. It reminded me of the P.O.S. shirts we used to wear. I thought to myself, "When did the commuters start wearing shirts like us Cargo Pukes?"

At least we were lucky enough to schuck the ugly blue shirts. Good luck to you guys during your next "Uniform rally!"

Crazze8,

I'll jump in with your CRM comment. Whether JetBlue pilots have good CRM or not, or for that matter whether any airline has good CRM or not, is one of those "beauty in the eye of the beholder" subjects. I'm not going to debate or take sides. We all see examples of good and bad CRM no matter what airline we work (or worked) at.

What I will take issue with is your comment that "nobody cares" at JetBlue. That is absolutely not true, and I know first hand. A team of pilots just started working on the first part of a whole new CRM program that will eventually incorporate the ENTIRE airline (rampers to pilots) by 2005. This will be an industry first, as prior to now, only pilots, flight attendants and dispatchers have been involved in CRM in most companies (some have included mechanics too). It has full support and backing by management, all the way to the top. Development includes front line pilots (including even new-hire F/O's) and top flight ops management too. This is not going to be a "top" down product, or even an "off the shelf" product.

So, to say that "nobody cares" is blatantly wrong. Regardless of the current status of CRM, JetBlue is throwing heavy resources into the program to make it better. There will be an opportunity for people like you, Crazee8, to jump in too and help with the program, if you care so passionately about the subject.

After all, "caring" is one of the values, right. People do care here.

Skirt

P.S. by the way atafan, I am NOT an "airline newbie." Yes, I am proud of my new airline, but I firmly believe there is an airline suited to every different pilot, and every different personality. Since JetBlue has chosen to hire in part for "passion," it is not surprising that some JetBlue pilots come across passionate at times. However, nobody could be as passionate as General Lee is about Delta or Lowercur is about the EMB family. We all belong here on this forum, and you can choose to skip over the people who get too passionate if you want. I enjoy reading the 'rah rah' ...including the General and Lowercur, as well as the blue koolaid... life is too short to be grumpy.... been there, done that.

Last edited:
Noam said:
If I had to make a bet, in 30 years JetBlue and ATA probably won't be around (the nature of the industry?)...and in the meantime ATA pilots make more money.

Enjoy life while it lasts.

Noam @ ATA

Care to back that statement up? (the one about ATA Pilots make more money that is)

As far as your 30 year prediction, well, you're entitled to your opinion.

As of our last wage increase (Oct 2001) we were slightly below (and just very slightly) SWA Captains. I think our FO pay is above most at first then tapers off but that's because of the relatively quick time to upgrade.

Seriously, please fill us in on ATA scales if you would, I am interested, not flaming or boasting.

C Ya

I would agree that some of our pilots are a little arrogant and drink to much coolaid. I have been flying 121 for 12 years and know all to well what can happen in a very short amount of time. Granted 12 years is not a long time but I have seen a lot in those 12 years. I hope jetBlue is around for a long time just like I wish the same for every other carrier out there.

I hope jetBlue is around for a long time just like I wish the same for every other carrier out there.

Amen brother. Amen

SWAdude:cool:

Well, I too hope that no other pilots get furloughed and we can all grow and prosper while serving the American public. Then there is reality...David Neelman, George Mikkelsons and half of the pilots reading this board could very well be dead in 30 years so who knows what LCC management will look like or even if LCCs will exist. Why predict it or worry about it? It is something we as airline pilots have little control over.

As far as ATA payscales, you can get them at the link:

http://airlinepilotcontracts.com/Contracts/ATA.pdf

I've done my own research, and from what I've found ATA probably has the best pay (including per diem, retirement, etc.) of most of the LCCs. However, I'm more than welcome to listen to you if your research differs. I think in some cases SWA does a bit better, but it depends on the situation.

I believe JBLU F/O's make more the first year, but I was talking about a 20 or 30 year career. I'm also familiar with the fact JBLU F/O's will probably upgrade quicker, and I also factored that into my analysis.

See ya,

Noam

Latest resources

Back