• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Typhoon1244

Member in Good Standing
Allegedly...

(1) There was a big meeting Tuesday night attended by Skip, etc. D.G. came out and told several IP's not to make any major decisions for two weeks, and that they'd be pleased with what was about to happen.

(2) The meeting concerned ASA's already signed sale to Skywest.

(3) Richard "Virgin America" Branson has (or is trying to) purchased a controlling interest in Skywest.

Point 1 is a fact. The others were told to me by "a guy who knows a guy," etc.

Gonna be interesting...

Sky West as a LCC to feed Virgin out of SFO? I don't think so.

But, buying ASA to help their major partner and grab control of some psuedo-DAL code, that part makes sense.

Keeping IP's from jumping ship - yep, that always makes sense. Takes a long time to train them and good ones are hard to find.

Who knows?

This rumor is coming out the seams at ASA for some reason.

711-24-7 said:
Care to share exactly how you feel or what you know

No problem...

The rumor was originally stated by a person at skywest, with ZERO proof or backing, when the media asked DELTA what is going on, DELTA replied publicly that ASA and CONCESSIONAIR(comair) are very important parts of the DELTA network.

It was then verified in the media that the statement by skywest was just that, a RUMOR and the only thing that was actually verified is that SKYWEST has the ability to grow by aquisition. There was never a statement that ASA and Comair are going to be purchased by skywest.. That is just rumor that all the chicken littles of this business have created

av8tor4239 said:
[W]hat a bunch of crap... kywest is not going to purchase ASA...
I said the same thing about Delta/DCI pulling out of DFW.

av8tor4239 said:
No problem...

The rumor was originally stated by a person at skywest, with ZERO proof or backing, when the media asked DELTA what is going on, DELTA replied publicly that ASA and CONCESSIONAIR(comair) are very important parts of the DELTA network.

It was then verified in the media that the statement by skywest was just that, a RUMOR and the only thing that was actually verified is that SKYWEST has the ability to grow by aquisition. There was never a statement that ASA and Comair are going to be purchased by skywest.. That is just rumor that all the chicken littles of this business have created

I thought Skywest's CFO actually stated at an analyst conference that Skywest could be in talks with Delta and that Skywest was in a good position to take on ASA and Comair if the opportunity arose? I know that Buttrell and others refuted that afterward, but the CFO wouldn't be talking out of his a$$ at an analyst conference - not the place to make up crap.... It sounds like more than just a simple rumor to me - who knows if it will actually happen but it sounds like they are talking about it...

Latest resources

Back