Week of July 21st at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

twiddle

So this is my deal: Interviewed in May (no phone interview). Emailed Derinda a month later in June, got the "we're going to make an offer, waiting for the green light" reply. Got a call in early July saying I'll be contacted in 2 weeks for a start date. Exactly 2 weeks later, got the email saying I'll be contacted the week of July 21st with a start date.

Couple questions: I know some are going through the exact process I am minus that last email. I've read that some are getting a "reviewing your qualifications, we'll let you know" reply. Are they not honoring the initial email from Derinda saying you got the job? If so it seems a little unfair.

Is it really Flight Safety that's delaying the hiring process? It doesn't make sense that they wouldn't inform us poolies, who wouldn't understand that sim slots get backed up.

And last does anyone know when the next class will be? And what aircraft were assigned to the July 21st class?

That is just wrong.. sounds like you got wrapped up in some politics... Derinda getting the boot and your promise going with her.. . sorry man

That is just wrong.. sounds like you got wrapped up in some politics... Derinda getting the boot and your promise going with her.. . sorry man

All due respect. She didn't "get the boot".

She has been reassigned to a specific position within recruitment as the dept of pilot recruitment has grown beyond the capabilities of one person.

Understand it for what it is: Transition.

D is good people.

And after some deep thoughts (which,btw, is not much thinking at all), the "evaluation" letter that we got can not be that bad.

NJ surely has made its hiring board decision already, and I'm sure being as busy as they are, they don't just keep digging out our applications to "evaluate" em'. And if they were to say no, why not just send us the letters out right, instead of telling us to standby to be rejected.

They have slowed down interviewing, so that tells me they are not "chasing" after better/more qualifying pilots just because 121s are furloughing.

Some of us are from April, mostly May, and June haven't heard anything yet. If they put 40 people in the pool/mo, and say April has 20 left to be called for class, then there must be about 100 of us pool-swimmers. If FS can train 25-30 pilots/mo (which seems to be in line from various sources/threads), then the numbers just match up nicely for Sept-Dec starts for the rest of us.

My speculations, I'm hoping for the best.

She has been reassigned to a specific position within recruitment as the dept of pilot recruitment has grown beyond the capabilities of one person.

D is good people.

Fly low.. My intention was not to talk down about derinda.. (hell i would not be here if it wasnt for her)

I guess my point was that all the "promises" that D made, you know the "unoffical job offers" went bye bye due to her transition!

D is good people.

AMEN !

Fly low.. My intention was not to talk down about derinda.. (hell i would not be here if it wasnt for her)

I guess my point was that all the "promises" that D made, you know the "unoffical job offers" went bye bye due to her transition!

I think that may be a little too large of an assumption. If you look at the transition that department is obviously going through and the fact that FSI has a finite number of simulators with which to train, you can understand the delay. I know that does not make it any easier, but understand that transitions in a large company take a long time, and that's the smooth ones.

Your "unofficial job offer" has not necessarily gone away, but I agree it would be considerate for them to issue a letter explaining the contiued delays. Althought the are not obligated to do it, it would be nice.

I have heard her new role is in the background checks that were not getting done correctly. Evidently there were some issues there that were realized and are getting corrected. I don't know what was found, but evidently it was enough to take back some offers. It would truly suck to think you had the job and then have it yanked out from under you, but hopefully those in the hiring process only did that in cases that called for it and didn't just do it as a knee jerk reaction when they found problems in the system. Good luck all.

Latest resources

Back