Week at Netjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Going2Golf,

What happens if ANG/AFRES folks have a day or 2 of military training they need to get done, but it falls right in the middle of your 7 on days? How's the scheduling process for Guard/Reserve people? Thanks.

Honestly on that I have no clue.
I got a little fed up with the unit that I was part of and was honest with the Commander and what I thought of his lack of leadership, etc.
Needless to say, not long after that I submitted my paperwork to revert to the IRR. Actually didnt get hammered too badly on my OER from him, I still think he is an O2 thief..but that is my personal opinion of him and the fact that I wouldn't kiss ass like the others in the unit.
I am pretty sure if you turned in the Orders a few weeks out they would make every effort to work around your schedule. If it is just that, orders or a mandatory training event/activation, I don't think that there is really a whole lot the company can do about it other than give you the time off.

So can a pilot drop a tour a netjets? Or be put on the 18 day schedule and drops days that they need?

NetJets is very military friendly. I have never heard of anyone having a problem getting their drills in. I can tell you that in the past that they were very accommodating to me, I don't see it changing any time soon.

My opinion

Netjets is a strong supporter of the military (52 people deployed this holiday season)

Netjets is my full time job, USAR is my part time job.

I make what drills my schedule will allow, or I drill during the week when I'm off.

I also do my reserve flying on my days off.

If on a set of orders, Netjets will let you off, it's the law.

I interview on the 29th. I am coming from a heavy doin about 20 days a month...the 7/7 sched sounds great. Hope to see you NJA guys online soon! Thanks for all the info on this board. Sounds like a really great company

Heyy guys what about the reserve system is it the same concept as 121 ,callouts, airport standby? How much sitting is there at an FBO or wherever? Thanks guys again for all the great responses.

hey netjets guys, thanks for taking these questions seriously :) i would like to eventually get to netjets when i have enough time, and this thread is very informative

kman said:
Heyy guys what about the reserve system is it the same concept as 121 ,callouts, airport standby? How much sitting is there at an FBO or wherever? Thanks guys again for all the great responses.

The reserve (formerly flex) schedule at NetJets has very little in common with the way the airlines do things. Instead of callout windows, we find out the day prior if we will be needed the following day. If not, the day is yours. You are not on tap to do anything with the company.
Also, NetJets uses their reserve folks like line holders. I can find out at the start of the month when I am forecasted to go to work. 99% of the time, that is exactly what happens.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back