Week at Netjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pervis said:
but I'm in the busiest fleet in the company.

Must be the 10. Everyone in the 10 says its the busiest fleet. Everyone I talk to that left the 10 say it's the same in the Ultra and Excel. I don't personally know.

Swaayze said:
3-5 years is a long upgrade?? Right.

Like I said, no one is sure. They used to tell interviewees upgrade was 12-18 months. Currently, it's a SWAG as to upgrade. I got awarded upgrade less than 10 months after I was hired, but those days are long gone with the new contract.

By the way, I hope upgrade happens soon for you.

208starcheck said:
Must be the 10. Everyone in the 10 says its the busiest fleet. Everyone I talk to that left the 10 say it's the same in the Ultra and Excel. I don't personally know.

Yep, I'm in the X. Also did the Ultra and 800XP, and still say the X has a higher work load. Of course, we were not as large then, so now all fleets work their tails off. If only company would figure out how to meet supply and demand. For example, sales did 125 airframes last year with a net gain of 20-something in the company. Of those, 52 were Marquis at 16 customers per airframe. Gee, no wonder owners are getting pissed off. Will company stop Marquis sales? No way with that kind of cash flow up front.

rican said:
How is aircraft type determined for new hires? What is common? THanks

Your experience will help determine position, but bottom line-it all depends how many flight safety slots are open around your indoc with company in any given fleet. That said, even when hired in jet A, you could be offered a slot in jet B while in indoc. I believe there will be a variety of jets offered, as many are scrambling to upgrade in any fleet due to loss of bypass pay. Upgrade will be a totally different story though. With the standing bid, upgrades for Cat 2, 3, 4 and 5 will go progressively senior overall.

Last edited:
rican said:
How is aircraft type determined for new hires? What is common? THanks

I came to Netjets im march after 8 or so years on the commuter level... the equipment they need to fill that week determines what you get offered...I got the Hawker 800XP while next class had a guy with toms of 121 heavy metal in an ultra. Its that simple of a concept.

As for my quality of life, its like this..... There are weeks you work your tail off, and weeks you relax, THe crews are fantastic( at least in the Hawker) you rarely ever buy a meal, the perdiem is additional income, I have become a hotel snob since I came there( ugh a Holiday inn express? How Mundane!) and I have accured just about enough points and miles already for a nice week vacation somewhere warm and sandy for myself and my family.

A buddy and myself figured out on an average year with holiday pay, a few extended days, the fact that medical is paid for, and include the 401K match, as well as tips, add about $15 to 20,000 more to that base salary amount.
Thats a fair number for working only 24 weeks a year to start, if you dont add the 3 weeks of play with your friends for our recurrents, sims etc. then figure that for 21 weeks of working.

Last edited:
Most new hires have been going into the Ultra. However with the new contract the senior fo's in the bigger planes are upgrading, so they are going to have to be replaced. The last XL bid that came out, all but two of the awards were fo's in the 2000.

Is 7 days away from the family hard? And how many G-200 do you guys have? You don't hear much about it.

What Pervis and Hispeedflyer said above is dead on. There are some general rules for aircraft assignment but it completely depends on what is available. I have meet a couple retired airline guys in the ultra. I know a freight dog in the Falcon 2000.

I have heard we want to hire 700-750 in 2006 with 118 aircraft deliveries. Anyone else heard this?

7 on sucks, but 7 off rocks. I see it as only one more day on and 3-4 more days off.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back