• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Week at Netjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are people getting assigned to the Sovereign? And what kind of notice do you get when your on reserve? Do they tell you the night before your suppose to show up and how long your going to be gone?

Currently an FO on the 400XP, and still like it better than the regionals, and this coming from a pretty senior CA at ACA in its good days....

psysicx said:
Are people getting assigned to the Sovereign? And what kind of notice do you get when your on reserve? Do they tell you the night before your suppose to show up and how long your going to be gone?

I would imagine all FO's on the Sovereign are new guys, as no one would bid an FO slot unless it were a Cat 4 or 5 a/c. You get notice for show the night before a duty day. Only difference with the 7/7 is that the only sure days off are 4 hard days you can bid for each month or days beyond 18 duty days in a month. They are pretty good at telling me what days I can expect to work for the whole month though.

HiSpeedFlyer said:
A buddy and myself figured out on an average year with holiday pay, a few extended days, the fact that medical is paid for, and include the 401K match, as well as tips, add about $15 to 20,000 more to that base salary amount.

How often do ya'll get tipped at NJA? Techincally at Flex we are not allowed to accept them but they are never offered anyway so it's not much of an issue. Just curious how much it happens and in what type of circumstances...

i wouldn't count on any tips. Maybe once and a while during the holidays but i see the line guys getting most of the tips.

I get probably a hundred here and there.

I think it's DAL as a gateway.

To be honest nobody knows what the company is going to do about assigning bases.

From what i know the only requirements are to be at duty when you're briefed.

Guitar guy,

Thanks. Actually it's starting to look (seriously) like 3 yrs to get off FO reserve in the jets at Eagle. I'm not wild about leaving my family for 7 days at a time; but then I seem to end up on 5 and 6 day trips on reserve every time lately, so the fracs are looking better.

Swaayze said:
Guitar guy,

Thanks. Actually it's starting to look (seriously) like 3 yrs to get off FO reserve in the jets at Eagle. I'm not wild about leaving my family for 7 days at a time; but then I seem to end up on 5 and 6 day trips on reserve every time lately, so the fracs are looking better.

Having done the regional thing several times, I would have to say that this is better.
At some regionals, you are on reserve for 5 or 6 days as Swaayze said, have an early show on day 1 and miss your commute back home on day 5 or 6 so in reality you are gone from home 6,7 or 8 days/partial days and then only home for 2 or 3 days and back again.
At least this way you know that if you are gone for 7 days, you can't be extended on the 7/7 and you will be OFF for the next 7 days and the time is yours.

Ex Eagle and a few others...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back