• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Week at Netjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude usually i eat the middleastern platter. I figure eat like a terrorist and maybe they won't blow up my building.

The sliced fillet sucks.

Deleted...

I will not talk bad about camel people,,,, I will not talk bad about camel people...

Dude the BBQ sampler, now that's eating...

Who really cares what seat you sit in - it's all about the paycheck and QOL. The bigger questions to ask when considering a career with NJ are as follows:

a. Do you guys have any interline deals with the majors like ID90's?
b. If it's 7 on / 7 off, once this sked starts does it ever stop except for vacation, recurrent, sick?
c. How is sick pay figured?
d. Is the following possible: work 1 week on, 1 off, 1 on, 1 off, next month 1 off, 1 on, 1off, 1 on As to get two weeks off through bidding but still work two weeks for the month?
e. Who updates the Jepps?
f. Do these new killer jets have those notepads w/ jepps on the screens?
g. Do the uniforms have hats?
h. Can you trip trade?
i. Will calling in sick get you a call to the CP office?
j. Is uniform cleaning on the road covered?
k. How long are the layovers?
l. What's the longest layover?
m. Are all new hires available for upgrade or are there min hours?
n. On reserve how many hours to get to your gateway?
o. Can you be near another gateway for call out ie: visting DFW but your gateway is LAX?
p. Can one order the middle eastern platter dailey - Just kidding!! ;(

That should about cover it.....

Sounds like you guys have on heck of a great company and I hope to get the chance to interview soon.

BTW - most of the guys that have posted on interviews.com said they got the call within 2 weeks of submitting an appl. Is that about right? If so - sounds great!!
Thanks again for all the great info!!!

Going2Baja said:
Who really cares what seat you sit in - it's all about the paycheck and QOL. The bigger questions to ask when considering a career with NJ are as follows:

a. Do you guys have any interline deals with the majors like ID90's?
b. If it's 7 on / 7 off, once this sked starts does it ever stop except for vacation, recurrent, sick?
c. How is sick pay figured?
d. Is the following possible: work 1 week on, 1 off, 1 on, 1 off, next month 1 off, 1 on, 1off, 1 on As to get two weeks off through bidding but still work two weeks for the month?
e. Who updates the Jepps?
f. Do these new killer jets have those notepads w/ jepps on the screens?
g. Do the uniforms have hats?
h. Can you trip trade?
i. Will calling in sick get you a call to the CP office?
j. Is uniform cleaning on the road covered?
k. How long are the layovers?
l. What's the longest layover?
m. Are all new hires available for upgrade or are there min hours?
n. On reserve how many hours to get to your gateway?
o. Can you be near another gateway for call out ie: visting DFW but your gateway is LAX?
p. Can one order the middle eastern platter dailey - Just kidding!! ;(

That should about cover it.....

Sounds like you guys have on heck of a great company and I hope to get the chance to interview soon.

BTW - most of the guys that have posted on interviews.com said they got the call within 2 weeks of submitting an appl. Is that about right? If so - sounds great!!
Thanks again for all the great info!!!

No interline agreement...

7/7 line now goes on forever until you upgrade, change planes, bid off to reserve, die

1week off 1on and such the answer is NO.... Old contract it wasnt even possible... this isnt the majors or such you don't bid month by month.

sick day is added at one day a month

the crew updates the jepps on the jet, or more correctly they are suppose to

jepps on the screen not yet... probalby in the near future

no such thing as a trip trade, I will repeat myself again, not a major not a regional therefore there is no schuled "trips" dropping airline thinking will help a lot at NJA

calling in sick is a hobby at NJA, no one is going to say anything to you, unless you do something very, very stupid while doing it

No Hats

uniform cleaning on the road is covered if you are out over 5 days, but you won't have time for the most part to do it.

min layover is 10 hrs max who knows, again no set trips, very fluid

you can bid captain anytime you want, holding it is another matter.

you will know the night before at around 1900 what your show time is so your call

visiting dfw and going out of lax and so on... short answer NO.... you can change gateways every three months...

Last edited:
Whew! Thanks Reno

Glad Reno answered that.

You basically get called out during your assigned days to staff a jet.

It is a fluid dynamic life style (is that right?).

Its good that you are asking these questions. I wish there was a place that gave a job discription of each company. It seems every couple of weeks someone comes along with the same question.

Well there is a search button....

The best thing i can tell people. Is expect to be gone the whole 7 days. While on the road your a$$ is on company time and they will work you accordingly. No we can't bring golf clubs. Yes we can bring guitars.

Foods good hotels good. They aren't for our comfort though. They are to make sure we can keep producing the next day. No food and poor rest equal poor production.

A couple of questions that allways come up here are my answers. These questions come up here but they come up on the road all the time. People just don't roll with it. Especially as a new hire.

No i don't know where we are going next\
No i don't know when you're going home
No i don't know how you're going home
No i don't know where we are ending up tonight
Trust me there is no way we're overnighting in St. Marteen tonight.
While i realize we were supposed to end here we are now going to xyz I'll order food and fuel.
Any idea where the FBO is
I think i've been here before. Wait yup i've been here or was that another airport. Crap i think i've been here before.
9xx isn't here. Oh well company lost the plane again.

This answer comes up at dinners and parties all the time.
Well i don't have a specific route. You can consider north and south america my route. No i have no idea where i'm going next.

Sorry it sounds so synical but it comes up all the time. i know it's tough for 121 people to get it but it's not as bad as it sounds. I just like to make sure my food is wherever i'm going.

Diesel - 1st I like the Volvo pic better than the snow mobile - but then again I've never rode one - yet!

As for you description, I see no cynicism at all. It sounds like my honeymoon in Asia. You roll with the punches and seem to learn something new along the way. Complacency is an appetizer for trouble. When I left Skywest I think I had most all freq's and appchs memorized. Going into new areas was the best part of the job.

The only down side I see to your type of flying is how to pack a bag for 7 days - is it shorts and trunks or snow gear or both?

Diesel said:
This answer comes up at dinners and parties all the time.
Well i don't have a specific route. You can consider north and south america my route. No i have no idea where i'm going next.
LOL! I always get that one - come to think of it, I always got it at the airline, too. While I did know where I was going next, I sure wouldn't have called it anything resembling a "route." It'd take me 20 minutes to explain my 4-day trip. By then they're happy to move on to another topic. :D

Latest resources

Back