Week at Netjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
13.2(b) Domicile Assignment
13.2(b)(i) All crewmembers hired after ratification of this Agreement shall report to a Domicile (or satellite airport when applicable) as directed by the Company, until such time as the crewmember is eligible to use a Home Base Airport. New hire Crewmembers must be informed no later than the official offer of employment which Domicile the Company will require each new hire to report for duty prior to employment.

I sure don't see anything about changing domiciles in there. If they intended to allow folks to change domiciles, why would they notify new crewmembers which domicile they will "require each new hire to report for duty"? They could have easily said - each new hire will be required to choose one of the 5 domiciles below. They didn't. They want to assign it eventually. I wouldn't bet on being able to change domiciles.

moving

As a new hire, do we get moving expenses paid for by the company or is that only if they require you to move after you are hired??

Swaayze said:
Guitar guy,

Thanks. Actually it's starting to look (seriously) like 3 yrs to get off FO reserve in the jets at Eagle. I'm not wild about leaving my family for 7 days at a time; but then I seem to end up on 5 and 6 day trips on reserve every time lately, so the fracs are looking better.

As a Eagle refugee, let me tell you that there is no comparison to the QOL or bennies here....7 away is tough, but the 7 home is where it is at. AS a reserve guy you would be working 20-21 days anyway, so you are home more.

I left and I ain't lookin' back. Do the right thing for your family, your sanity, and your career path.

Company policy is 12 hours. When the company shuts you off for the day they will give you a show time for the next day. If it results in more than 12 hours of rest, have at it.

The reality is that we get a lot of overnights with less than 12 hours (the minimum is 10) so do not plan on partying a lot on the road. Its VERY different from the 121 world. Personally I go to work to sober up ... :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back