• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Week at Netjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's key if you come to work here. Roll with the punches. most people say oh i'm laid back or i can roll with anything and then on the road it's not how brand X did it or where are we going next? I find it a lot easier not to really care where you are going. Just as long as there is crew food and a hilton who really cares. All we ever see is the FBO and the ride from the FBO to the Hotel. So who really cares if it's at TEB or SNA. It's all the same.

As for packing. I take what is comfortable for ME. So that means a huge back 27 inches. Yes size does matter. I check it everywhere i go and I don't leave that place till I have my bag. I've got summer clothes for the carribean and winter clothes for International Falls or Canada. mmmm poutin.

So bring what is comfortable. I also keep a sleep machine in my bag which is nice on the road. If i do get stuck somewhere I don't want to look like a child molester walking down the road in my long jacket.

Remember the baggag compartment is yours. The ultra it was more of a pain but those that have seen my bag know the thing is a brick. plus i've got some college text books and a hammer in there. The hammer is for self protection. :)

Hope that helps. By the way it's nice not to fight for overhead space when boarding that airliner. I just have my computer bag which never leaves my side. I love the look on my seatmates face when they think they got the whole emergency exit/first class row to themselves.

After my coming back and spending 8 days in CMH, you made a believer of me. I went down to Costco and got the big bag. The last week long trip was one hell of a lot more comfortable. Not sure how I'm gonna fit that bag into a Beechjunk but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Griz-

Just plop that bag down right in one of the pax seats.

By the size of you there aren't too many people that are going to argue with you.

Diesel - what the heck is a sleep machine? And are you serious about the hammer? We'll have to fly together if I get the call!!

Baja,

A sleep machine makes white noise so that the guy banging the heck out of his lifestyle partner doesn't keep you up all night.

Yup dead serious about the hammer. Got it years ago when i was preflighting an ultra and decided to keep it for self protection.

Plus it freaks the van guy out.

You guys with your steamer trunks crack me up. The heaviest bags I have hefted have all belong to fellow crewmembers. Of course, I get much more concerned when my compatriot's bag is suspiciously light. Makes me wonder if they are using all three sides of their underwear: the inside, the outside and the clean side.

charley varrick said:
Makes me wonder if they are using all three sides of their underwear: the inside, the outside and the clean side.
Hell, i get four out of mine: front, back, (inside out) front, back... :D

That's just wrong - with your new contract I think you can afford a FRESH new set and a new bag to carry them in. Maybe even with rollers!!

Yeah i might have a steamer trunk but at least I'm comfortable. That's all i really care about.

Latest resources

Back