• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

We Know Why You Fly!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Then call your VP of Marketing and tell him....he might not know this is where the problem is.

Tejas
I dont think that he cares, you should see his paycheck.

Then call your VP of Marketing and tell him....he might not know this is where the problem is.

Tejas

Ssshhh, Tejas! We wouldn't want him to know the real problem and possibly subject him to cancellation of his PUP (bonus) payout this April!

That idea about declaring an emergency on the ground to let people off sounds better all the time...

I blame DFW. They ground stop at a moments notice and accept no traffic for hours. They now make the decision whether you can land at the airport. They have taken it away from the pilots.

I thought a controller's responsibility was to separate IFR traffic, not to shutdown an airport. I think the pilot should make the decision whether to continue to destination or divert. Not so at DFW. They make it for you.

Is there any others that are this bad?

Well, the airport closed while many of these airplanes were already airborne.

Are you saying that if DFW (or any airport) closes, individual pilots should decide if they want to attempt an approach anyway?

I think if you really have flown the 737 you would know what a controller's job was, and how airports getting shut down for WX works.

As to the fiasco in Austin: I hope that some AA manager gets fired, but that will never happen.

Pilot141,

If the rules at DFW were applied at MIA, nothing would move. I am not stupid enough to do an approach in +TSRA. Apparently controllers think I am. Yes, I think the decision to continue to the airport should be left to me, not to someone with limited flying experience.

As you start flying during the day, you will see what I mean.

Did the airforce ever close an airport on you?

Took my second trip on AA mainline in the last few weeks today (full-fare ticket). Both were 1-2 hours late. In both cases not one agent, flight attendant, pilot, - not anyone made a single announcement. No explanation, no apology, no concern for connections -- NOTHING!!

It's worse than taking sick kids to the waiting room at the pediatrician.

PIPE

Took my second trip on AA mainline in the last few weeks today (full-fare ticket). Both were 1-2 hours late. In both cases not one agent, flight attendant, pilot, - not anyone made a single announcement. No explanation, no apology, no concern for connections -- NOTHING!!

It's worse than taking sick kids to the waiting room at the pediatrician.

PIPE

Welcome to the non SWA/non Jetblue airlines of the US!

I've taken many trips on many different airlines this past year- they are ALL the same. Even award-winning CO managed to screw up a pleasant boarding experience when the agent snapped at a passenger standing in the OnePass lane in EWR. (However CO is by far the best of the legacies.)

It ain't any different elsewhere, pipe.

Latest resources

Back