• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

We are under Attack

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"User fees" is the catch phrase. The bill includes fees for gas taxes, ATC fees for use of the system, increases for medicals, checkrides, filing flight plans, etc.. The airlines are even running ads in some of the big papers about how GA is clogging the system causing delays. There are a number of sights on the web to totally describe the goatrope that is user fees (AOPA, NBAA, EAA).

What user's fees? Just for the Class B airports looks like. te rest is a fuel tax....

They are worried about the user fee creep that has occured in other countries, for example canada.

First charge turbine jet aircraft a fee only.
Next year charge all IFR aircraft.
Year after charge for class B entry.
Year after that charge for all towered airports.

I don't know the specifics, but I think originally it was just jet IFR aircraft in canada, now they charge a user fee to every aircraft that uses certain class D airports.

Oh, and when the airlines get their debt discharged in reorganization the next time, they get out of paying all of the fees they have run up, then ATC inc will have to charge everyone (nonairlines) even more fees because they will be underfunded.

Check this out. http://www.aero-news.net/news/comma...04614c8-58ed-4e97-99a3-47ed8cf4edd0&Dynamic=1

They just want us to pay our fair share..........so we can fund their pension plans.

I was doing some reading on a trade rag and they are thinking that this will probably go down in flames. Some congressmen are actually looking for this to hit the floor so it can be defeated. It reads for what it is, a sweet heart deal for the airlines pushed through by some of GW's good buddies.

I don't have issues with paying my fair share, but didn't I just help pay 10billion to the airlines after 9/11, so they could turn around and declare bankruptcy and give their CEOs huge bonuses out of my tax dollars. Then the airlines slashed an burned their own industry.

Giving the airlines control of anything, even their own airline is a huge mistake.

User Fees

Guys,

Don't just waste your time talking on here. If you haven't already written your senators and congressmen, Do it!

HS

You can oppose an administration AND support the troops at the SAME time!
It can probably be done, but it isn't done often!
No really. It works like this...Bush is a tard and got us into a bad situation. The troops that he sent are hard working, patriotic kids that have zero say in what they are ordered to do. I want what is best for America and our troops.

By saying I want our soldiers out of Iraq is not saying anything bad about the troops. By saying the U.S. has "wasted BILLIONS of dollars" is not saying you want to take Jonny GI's food, ammo or mud tents away. It's saying Jonny should not be there. He should be here.
Bush did the best thing at the time.

If you disagree with his decision, I'd encourage you to read Saddam's Secrets by former Iraqi Air Force General Georges Sada. He supports the idea that Saddam had WMDs and would have used them. Saddam actually planned to attack Israel with chemical weapons in 1991, but the attack was never carried out.

We know without a doubt that Saddam had WMDs, but the question that almost nobody is asking is what happened to them. Most likely, while we dithered in the UN and took a year to "rush to war" they were moved to Syria with the complicity of the Russians.

Before you start to aimlessly guess as to how I've never been there or served my Country let me stop you. I've spent 7 years active duty and did 3 tours to the Middle East. I was there for Desert Storm (remember that? in 91?) I'm all for the Military. I'm all for using them when its for National Security. I'm all for Bush going away in 08.

I appreciate your service. The worst mistake made in Iraq was made in 1991 when we didn't roll into Baghdad then.

As for Bush going away in 2008, I think that you can count on it, just don't count on a Democrat.:D

Latest resources

Back