• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

We are under Attack

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For those of you that think user fees will not impact our lives as corporate pilots, you need to pull your head out and look around. The airline lobbists are pushing for the user fees and the FAA is favor of it as well. Irregardless of the fact that the proposed system will yield less money. I encourage all of you to go to www.NBAA.org. In the upper right hand corner you can click "Contact Congress". There you will find form letters opposing user fees. Tell everyone.......our jobs may depend on it!

Hmmm ... so we can finance a two-billion-dollar-a-week foriegn misadventure in the Middle East, award hundreds of "no-bid" contracts to companies most of us have never heard of who do everything from serve hamburgers to G.I.'s to conduct dubious "reconstruction" projects in Bagdad, and yet there's just not enough money left to fund GA in the U.S?

WTF???!!!????

Hmmm ... so we can finance a two-billion-dollar-a-week foriegn misadventure in the Middle East, award hundreds of "no-bid" contracts to companies most of us have never heard of who do everything from serve hamburgers to G.I.'s to conduct dubious "reconstruction" projects in Bagdad, and yet there's just not enough money left to fund GA in the U.S?

WTF???!!!????

Exactly.

In 1983 there was a viable plan to send a manned expedition to Mars. Cost? $80 billion. 1/5 of what we've wasted in Iraq. Not to mention the countless Iraqi civilian and American lives. But hey, if the government needs more money, just ask the Federal Reserve and they create it out of thin air!! YAY!

This user fee system just has government mismanagement written all over it. I'd really prefer not to trust some staff in the FAA to keep track of how many approaches I shoot or towers I talk to and then invoice my company. No thanks.

Also I love how that website singles out three or four special events to claim that bizjets are taking over the skies. Take a look at O'Hare any day of the week and see how the numbers play out.

If the worst of the user fees comes to pass (and if they get the first ones through, more will follow), I've heard it would cost $1,000 to take a written exam. That's over 1500% more than it costs now. Somehow I doubt that the cost of administering a written exam has gone up 1500%.

Leave the GI's out of it milk

Look Man/Girl, (milk)

One of the decent things that some could count on in Iraq, and less could count on in Afghanistan (been to both) was the hamburgers your talking about. (some half way decent chow)

So you wanna jack food and ammo from the troops??? Eat Sh$t.

Troops are living in 8X8' hooches jack. (Those are the ones in the big town, not the ones out in the boonies (forward operating bases (FOB's)). (tents/mud/mortars)

Jeez man, I don't know you but I thnk I can speak for them all when I say enjoy your freedom of speech......

(Enjoyed a rainstorm and some beers with my wife, its good to be home, sorry about the "eat sh$t)

And Dooker too

Don't know you but I don't think youve been to any of the places your commenting on.

You may not be old enough to have been to them as an aviator.

(Unlike the teenagers through senior citizens (Thank you guard and reserves) that are serving)

I could preach all day and if you weren't there, ya just wouldn't get it.

Cherish your way of life while you can "amigos".

(I go for another beer shaking my head and feeling guilty for being home)

Sheesh......

...And if you like that plan ... just wait till the government takes over HealthCare! Cost of Iraq war will be like a drop in the bucket.
As evidenced by Dubya's Medicare prescription drug plan. But hey, it helped him win reelection so who cares how much it costs?

Latest resources

Back