Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bailey3083

I'm Not Hiding
This website is really trying to distort the truth about our flying. If you look at any of the real info we make up a fraction of what the Airliners make up but yet there is a movement to tax us heavier. Is it really our fault that ticket prices have fallen so the FAA is not taking in as much per ticket as before?

http://www.smartskies.org/

Come on, with the track record and great business practices the airlines have demonstrated in the last few years you don't want them to run the air traffic control system also?:rolleyes:

I would say they should stick to what they are good at, but I have no idea what that is.

The point is the airlines are pressing congress to enact legislation that would overhaul the FAA's revenue system by placing user fees on GA and us. If it goes through get ready to pony up to the FAA every time you get a medical, apply for a new type, apply for a new rating, land at a towered field, use an airway, get a vector, and fly an approach. These fees will have a HUGE impact on all of our companies.

I wish I had a link to the site that's fighting this. It would be appropriate here. I do suggest you call your congressmen as I have done.

$25 might not seem like a lot to the non-flying public, but when you figure how many frac flights per day there are, it boggles the mind. I'm looking for a website glasspilot...I'll post one if I find it. I know the NBAA, EAA and AOPA have info against this, but I'm looking for another grass routes type website.

I call BS only because it seems the big guys are just looking for someone else to help them out since the gov't obviously is over it. Hey, sorry Orbitz and every other site like it has cut so deep. I'm all for "cheap" tickets, but gimme a break.

EDIT: Check out this PDF file if you haven't all ready seen it. http://web.nbaa.org/public/news/200607eaa/GAUnitedAgainstUserFees.pdf

Last edited:
You wanna play, you gotta pay.

If they tack on another $25/per flight our owners will just chuckle and say............

Here's $50, make mine a round trip! They could give a rats *ss about this.

You wanna play, you gotta pay.

If they tack on another $25/per flight our owners will just chuckle and say............

Here's $50, make mine a round trip! They could give a rats *ss about this.

That is what one member of congress wants to do. These people are pushing for user fees where when we get our clearance we pay..when we take off we pay..when we do anything we pay. This can add alot of money to a flight and then the airlines get to drop the taxes that they are charging so they can be that little bit cheaper.

Bailey

NEVER GIVE THE GOVERNMENT AN EXCUSE TO COLLECT $$$$ It will cost more to administer than it's bringing in probably.

Don't forget the govt's way of increasing these or any fees to suit the whim of the GREAT FAA mgmt

NEVER GIVE THE GOVERNMENT AN EXCUSE TO COLLECT $$$$ It will cost more to administer than it's bringing in probably.

Don't forget the govt's way of increasing these or any fees to suit the whim of the GREAT FAA mgmt

That's actually a very good point. The government already concedes that it will cost much more to administer this program. (Picture some bean counter trying to figure out how many time each airway got used and by which aircraft.) They admit that it will not bring any more money into the system for this reason. However, once the program gets in then it's just a matter of raising the $40 medical fee to $75 and the $85 approach fee to $120.

The goal is to bring the system in, save the airlines a few dollars by shifting the load onto GA, and then raise the fees to make the same money. All in the name of "Making airfare cheaper for the flying public". We're talking pennies per ticket.

If it does go through then the flight instructor mills will have to raise their rates from the already staggering $60,000 to North of $100K for a Commercial Multi Instrument rating. Even a private license will be North of 10K. This will kill pilot start ups, take the "fun" out of private flying, and turn our open skies into the strict and tight corridors that make up the European airspace.

I encourage everyone to get involved. This is a major threat to the way we all view American aviation.

It will now be called the $500 hamburger run!

Latest resources

Back