We are under Attack

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Look Man/Girl, (milk)

One of the decent things that some could count on in Iraq, and less could count on in Afghanistan (been to both) was the hamburgers your talking about. (some half way decent chow)

So you wanna jack food and ammo from the troops??? Eat Sh$t.

Troops are living in 8X8' hooches jack. (Those are the ones in the big town, not the ones out in the boonies (forward operating bases (FOB's)). (tents/mud/mortars)

Jeez man, I don't know you but I thnk I can speak for them all when I say enjoy your freedom of speech......

(Enjoyed a rainstorm and some beers with my wife, its good to be home, sorry about the "eat sh$t)

I went back and re-read Milks post and I didn't see where he said he'd like to take anything from the troops. Food, ammo, anything.

Here's a little somthing right wing nutjobs never seem to get:

You can oppose an administration AND support the troops at the SAME time!

No really. It works like this...Bush is a tard and got us into a bad situation. The troops that he sent are hard working, patriotic kids that have zero say in what they are ordered to do. I want what is best for America and our troops.

By saying I want our soldiers out of Iraq is not saying anything bad about the troops. By saying the U.S. has "wasted BILLIONS of dollars" is not saying you want to take Jonny GI's food, ammo or mud tents away. It's saying Jonny should not be there. He should be here.

Before you start to aimlessly guess as to how I've never been there or served my Country let me stop you. I've spent 7 years active duty and did 3 tours to the Middle East. I was there for Desert Storm (remember that? in 91?) I'm all for the Military. I'm all for using them when its for National Security. I'm all for Bush going away in 08.

I went back and re-read Milks post and I didn't see where he said he'd like to take anything from the troops. Food, ammo, anything.

Here's a little somthing right wing nutjobs never seem to get:

You can oppose an administration AND support the troops at the SAME time!

No really. It works like this...Bush is a tard and got us into a bad situation. The troops that he sent are hard working, patriotic kids that have zero say in what they are ordered to do. I want what is best for America and our troops.

By saying I want our soldiers out of Iraq is not saying anything bad about the troops. By saying the U.S. has "wasted BILLIONS of dollars" is not saying you want to take Jonny GI's food, ammo or mud tents away. It's saying Jonny should not be there. He should be here.

Before you start to aimlessly guess as to how I've never been there or served my Country let me stop you. I've spent 7 years active duty and did 3 tours to the Middle East. I was there for Desert Storm (remember that? in 91?) I'm all for the Military. I'm all for using them when its for National Security. I'm all for Bush going away in 08.

Well said my friend!

You aren't the only 2 waiting for 2008

I never questioned Glasses service.

In fact I pmed him about it.

I too am looking for 2008.

I don't agree with alot of what the Commander and Chief has done.

I haven't heard anything of substance coming out of the other side other then "get out now".

The nation is thwarting terrorist attempts on our soil as it is.

What do you think is gonna happen if we "cut and run".

I just don't think the "cumbuya lets be friends" approach is gonna work.

I guess we will see soon enough.

I certainly respect Glasses opinion, he has done 3 tours in the Mid East.

I have done 2 tours, 1 year in Iraq, 1 year in Afghanistan.

I did go back and re-read the thread. The guys weren't knocking the troops.

To Milk and Dooker I apoligise. (I should have paid more attention)

Whether you wanna admit it or not, there are a whole bunch of people in this world that are brainwashed to hate America from an early age.

Bush is out.

Its not a game. I just think the days of playing "nice nice" are gone.

There are alot of armchair quarterbacks, when you see the actual game it takes on a whole new light.

Sorry if I offended anybody, thats my opinion, I earned it, I would love to be proven wrong.

glasspilot said:
I was there for Desert Storm (remember that? in 91?) I'm all for the Military.

Excellent post Glass! I support your comments 100%.

I was there too (3rd Armor Div out of Germany.... remember the Wolf Burgers??)

Well said, Glass.

I have never served in the military. With that said, I don't feel I am less patriotic nor less a citizen because I didn't serve. Serving in the military isn't the only way to protect my rights, to protect me from an unjust government, my freedom of speech, or from having illegal search and seizures without due process or warrants (although the last one is weaker now than a couple of years ago).

I supported our government's decision to go to Afganistan after 9/11 (as did most of the world) but believed we were wrong for going to Iraq in '02 (as did most of the world).

Trying to speak out against this administration's actions has been hard because we are labled "unpatriotic", "bleeding heart liberals", and the worst, "not supporting our troops while in harms way".

I support our troops by trying to hold our government accountable. That is my responsibility as a U.S. Citizen, something I am proud of every time I speak and vote.

Retired Generals say that they cannot, due to their military code, speak out against their Commander-in-Chief while in the military but who now speak out against the poor planning of the war in Iraq. So if the generals won't speak out, to prevent the military and its soldiers from being pushed into a conflict that is poorly planned or one that may not be in the best interest of the U.S., who can? Answer: a U.S. Citizen. That's me. And when I do speak, and its against your views, just agree to disagree. Do NOT call me UNPATRIOTIC. Because speaking up is the most PATRIOTIC thing anyone (including ACTIVE Generals) can do.

God Bless our Troops, God Bless all U.S. Citizens, and may God grant the next administration the wisdom to get us outta this mess.

Back towards the main topic, I'm very suspect about the user fee bill. Just look at how poorly the FAA has mis-managed so many of their recent technology upgrades. Simply throwing more money their way doesn't look likely to improve the technical side of ATC. Of course, what the airlines really want is less non-airline traffic anywhere near an airport they serve.

It's rather interesting that the airlines create so much congestion and then want someone else to pay the cost to clean up the mess that they, the airlines, created. It's sad that more people can't see that.

Back towards the main topic, I'm very suspect about the user fee bill. Just look at how poorly the FAA has mis-managed so many of their recent technology upgrades. Simply throwing more money their way doesn't look likely to improve the technical side of ATC. Of course, what the airlines really want is less non-airline traffic anywhere near an airport they serve.

It's rather interesting that the airlines create so much congestion and then want someone else to pay the cost to clean up the mess that they, the airlines, created. It's sad that more people can't see that.

Well said!

Just look at how long the FAA was convinced that microwave navigation was the "wave of the future", and look at how much cash they dumped into that turd when it was obvious to even a casual observer that GPS was vastly superior, cheaper and simpler.

ATC and other required aviation services need to be funded mostly with fuel taxes. This will give people an incentive to save fuel and make gas-guzzlers obsolete more rapidly; all good. After all, you can't (yet) fly an airplane without fuel.

Airports and airport improvements can be paid for by all the taxpayers, same as roads, because everyone in the country benefits from aviation whether they fly or not.

I am developing a considerable amount of hatred for the airlines these days (management/lobbyists, not employees)...

C

User fees

Hi Guys,

Just go to the AOPA website to get the real deal. It's a fact that the airlines are trying to blame congestion on general aviation (when's the last time you saw a 172 in ATL). It's also a fact that the system we now have in place funds itself with a surplus every year. Call your congressman and tell him to vote against user fees NOW. Have a good one.

Latest resources

Back