Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
B

BE90flyer

How can any of you think you are better then any other regional airline pilot out there including a gooo jet pilot. I worked at Air Wis for little over a year and I felt like a 2nd class citizen. We all should be making more then we do and be living better lives then the regionals afford us.

If you make as little as a new hire Skyway pilot or have as crappy schedules as mesa, who cares? We sold are souls to fly for a regional airline. The fact is with all the training and experience we are required to have no one should accept a job at a regional making $25,000 a year. And now with the right amount of money you don’t even need any experience to fly as a regional pilot (but that’s another sore topic)

Although I don’t agree with the whole gooo jet situation. None of you or me is any better then a gooo jet pilot. So stop your hypocritical rants and grow some balls and quit your crappy regional airline until they pay us a respectable salary.

If no one would accept a job at a regional because of the low pay and bad schedules the schedules would get better and the regionals would have to pay more. So all of you are to blame for the way the regional airlines treat us. None of you are any better then any gooo jet pilot out there. So grow some balls and stop drinking the Alpa Kool-Aid.

If no one would accept a job at a regional because of the low pay and bad schedules the schedules would get better and the regionals would have to pay more

Yeah right. Tell that to some 22 year old fresh outta school who lives in mom's basement with no bills to pay. They gladly sign up for 20K per year and they always will. Regionals will never change.

Actually I am better that a Goo Jet pilot.

I don't choose to take a job away from someone who has earned it via their coleective bargaining agreement.

You sir are dismissed

mckpickle said:
Actually I am better that a Goo Jet pilot.

I don't choose to take a job away from someone who has earned it via their coleective bargaining agreement.

You sir are dismissed

Has Trans States Airlines furloughed ?? Who's job does a GJ pilot take away? To my knowledge no jobs have been taken away and given to anyone. They have just not been added to TSA and instead the flying has been alotted to a new operation. Their collective bargaining agreement hasn't earned them anything, that's the problem. Yeah, it's a loophole but your arguement is disingenuous... The whole thing sucks, but you are no better than anyone. TSA has never been any sort of first class operation. Ever since the whole GJ thing started everyone has started acting like TSA has been this wonderful place to work that is all of a sudden being torn down by this alter-ego. I have to call B.S. on this.

You sir are sort of full of it...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
FlyinPiker said:
Fu.ckin Drama Queens!

Agreed... I'm so sick of the following terms.

1. "Bottom Feeder" (I take home 25 bucks a month more than you, you're a low-life :rolleyes:... )

2. "Lowering the Bar" (What bar ? This isn't track and field, the only bars I worry about are the ones that have specials on pints of Heineken... As long as the bar is somewhere around chest height with a tall, cold Heineken on it I'm happy...)

3. "Race to the Bottom" (You're all hourly union workers, no one's racing anywhere... Before ACARS, no one ever called in a time less than scheduled block-EVER!!!)

4. "Industry Standard" (My personal favorite. Wages in the airline business change so fast it's impossible to determine any standard to begin with... Can anyone honestly tell me what the industry standard hourly rate is for a 737 Capt.? I've lost track.)

5. "Whoring yourself out" (We're all whores, some of us are just more expensive than others. Like the old joke says, "we've already established what you are, we're now just negotiating the price. Hourly guarantee only means you're GUARANTEED to get screwed for at least 75 hours.)

Last edited:
Whatever, Justify it however you want. You jackholes are the type who'd run accross a picket line.

TSA has never been a great place (so i'm told). They are trying to make it better. Securing more a/c and flying by the TSA pilots and not allowing management to outsource the jobs that will help make it a better place is the main reason for the biitch. But I guess you think it's just ok for mangement to do whatever they want. To hell with the TSA pilots right.

I have nothing to do with this whole issue, but as unionized pilots we ALL have a dog in this fight. G0 Jets pilots may not be scabs but they are low-life scumbags who don't mind taking advancement oportunities from others for themselves and their own personal gain.

Doesnt everyone take advancement opportunities for their own personal gain?

Last edited:
mckpickle said:
Whatever, Justify it however you want. You jackholes are the type who'd run accross a picket line..

We're not talking about a strike situation here are we? And there's no picket line involved in this issue. That's the point, you're trying to turn this in to something it's not and trumping up this whole deal to stir up sympathy... FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL GAIN. The flying being done by GJ's was never TSA's to begin with. How can something they didn't have be stolen from them? I'm not trying to justify anything, but letting emotions get in to the way of common sense is just plain stupid.

mckpickle said:
TSA has never been a great place (so i'm told). They are trying to make it better. Securing more a/c and flying by the TSA pilots and not allowing management to outsource the jobs that will help make it a better place is the main reason for the biitch. But I guess you think it's just ok for mangement to do whatever they want. To hell with the TSA pilots right.

Nope, not right. I'm not sure anyone has said that, or at least I haven't. Management can't do anything they want. They have to operate within the guidelines of federal, state, and local labor rules as well as within the confines of the CBA between the pilots. Which all indications point to that they are. It's a loophole, but it's probably legal. If it weren't I doubt that United would have awarded the flying to them in the first place. And again, how can something that doesn't belong to the TSA pilots (i.e. the additional CRJ700 flying for United) be outsourced to someone else? For example, when American Airlines pulls an F100 out of service, lays off about 7 pilots, parks the airplane in the desert, and then has TSA fly a brand new EMB-140 instead outsourcing has occured. THAT'S OUTSOURCING!!! This isn't semantics, this is just plain english. Any idiot with a dictionary could figure this out.

mckpickle said:
I have nothing to do with this whole issue, but as unionized pilots we ALL have a dog in this fight. G0 Jets pilots may not be scabs but they are low-life scumbags who don't mind taking advancement oportunities from others for themselves and their own personal gain.

Out of one side of your mouth you say that the TSA pilots want to secure additional flying for themselves and then out of the other you imply it's wrong for someone else to want more flying.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back