• Watchers 12

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WhiteCloud said:
Legit? That's a bit of a stretch. I'm sure they just figured they could get by with it.

"Legit" was probably a stretch... "Acceptable risk" was likely more appropriate. Doesn't matter, the outcome is still the same...

Regionals suck!!!! (all of them)

I left the regionals for a 135 job (forced) in a a/c with only 8 seats but almost double the pay then a 50 seater. Listen the whole airline industry sucks right now and in all honesty who knows when it will get better. Listen the 22 year CFI will get a reality check 5 years from now when he knocked up some FA and and he is still a FO making 40,000 grand a year. Living the dream right!! Enough with the GO-jets crap already TSA was bottem feeding too!! They all do it to get what they want. I remember asking to take a pay cut so my pay scale can be closer to what companies like TSA pilots make ( I am a former Fly I pilot). If you are gonna complain about it get out, if not go to netjets or something like that or quit flying. Thats how you change the airline industry. Don't except the pay and the bullsH&*t believe me the regional job is not that great, the only thing I miss is the schedule. Goodluck to all!!!

Sincerely,
Forloughed Twice airline pilot!!

Last edited:
BE90flyer said:
How can any of you think you are better then any other regional airline pilot out there including a gooo jet pilot. I worked at Air Wis for little over a year and I felt like a 2nd class citizen. We all should be making more then we do and be living better lives then the regionals afford us.

If you make as little as a new hire Skyway pilot or have as crappy schedules as mesa, who cares? We sold are souls to fly for a regional airline. The fact is with all the training and experience we are required to have no one should accept a job at a regional making $25,000 a year. And now with the right amount of money you don’t even need any experience to fly as a regional pilot (but that’s another sore topic)

Although I don’t agree with the whole gooo jet situation. None of you or me is any better then a gooo jet pilot. So stop your hypocritical rants and grow some balls and quit your crappy regional airline until they pay us a respectable salary.

If no one would accept a job at a regional because of the low pay and bad schedules the schedules would get better and the regionals would have to pay more. So all of you are to blame for the way the regional airlines treat us. None of you are any better then any gooo jet pilot out there. So grow some balls and stop drinking the Alpa Kool-Aid.

It seems that if you feel like a 2nd class citizen because you fly for a regional airline, the problem is not with who you fly for... the problem is within you.
It sounds as if you have a serious self-worth problem. Your animosity toward regional pilots is juvinile and down right silly. Many tend to forget that being hired by ANY 121 carrier is a confomation of ability. Now how you choose to progress is up to you, but there is NOTHING wrong with retireing from a Regional airline.

Happiness comes from within, not from where you work.

Latest resources

Back