• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chperplt

Who goes by Waterski??

Anyway,

To the crew of the RJ in Burlington this morning.... I hope I didn't get you in trouble when I told that loud mouth UAL captain to shut up. I'm sure he thought it was you guys who said it.. If he turns you in to Pro Standards as he said he would, tell them Chperplt from Flight Info said it!!

As entertaining as the converstation you guys were having was, that UAL captain (I'm assuming it was the captain) was a jackass!!

If the UAL captain is reading this post... You acted like a child this morning and in turn pissed off your express partners passengers.. Um.. I mean your passengers!!

Some people don't get the big picture...

I guess sharing the story would help!!

Burlington is a mess this morning.. Real cold with blowing snow. The de-ice trucks are running around as fast as they can. The TSA RJ was getting the squirt when ground tells them they have a ground stop to IAD. They stop deicing and the trucks go on their way..

A few minutes later ground tells them the stop is over and they need them in the air as quickly as they can. The RJ calls the iceman again and asks for a quick re spray so they can go. Iceman says I've got the UAL 737 in line before you, but if your company wants you guys out first, I'll be there next. The RJ tells the iceman that ATC needs them to go ASAP and the iceman says he'll be right over.

Now, the UAL guy gets on the radio and tells the iceman that he doesn't give a crap about the RJ and they are to deice them first. The RJ guys say that all they need is a quick spray of IV and they can go. The dick head... I mean UAL guy tells them that they should have planned better and again tells the deice guys that they will spray him first. A few more words are said back and forth (nothing unprofessional from the RJ guys) and after the UAL guy goes on and on I tell him to shut up.

He then says give me your name and flight # so I can turn you in to Pro Stands.. He's the one who needs to be turned in to Pro Stands..

It's one thing to screw your competitor, but to do it to your companies own passengers...

According to the UAL pilot it would have been better planning to keep the deice truck waiting on the RJ. If he planned like the UAL pilot wanted he still wouldnt have been de-iced first. What a jerk.

Good for you Chperplt

chperplt said:
after the UAL guy goes on and on I tell him to shut up.

Whether he thinks it is warranted or not, if any FO of mine decides to get involved in a piss!ng contest on the radio and tells another crew member to "shut up", he gets a quick straight right to the chops from me. Never mind Pro Standards. Sombody needs to put Mr. BIG TIME FO in his place.

I always thought waterski was Chautauqua doing American Connection flying.

Whether he thinks it is warranted or not, if any FO of mine decides to get involved in a piss!ng contest on the radio and tells another crew member to "shut up", he gets a quick straight right to the chops from me. Never mind Pro Standards. Sombody needs to put Mr. BIG TIME FO in his place.

You might want to evaluate the size and strength of the FO before taking action like that...or hope that you have a really good straight right.

Hey Dooshbag

Thanks for your comments. I'm guessing by your "he gets a quick straight right to the chops" comment that you're talking about some kind of boxing move. I wouldn't recommend that as your future ability to hold a 1st class medical will be in question..

You must be just as joyful to fly with as this UAL captain.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back