watches...???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seiko Kinetic

Excellent watch, during the 1960-1978 years there were several different looks to this watch, but it always had the same guts. Sometimes refered to a Vietnam watch, many of the soldiers used it. During that period of time in the states they would go for about 200-300 clams depending on where you picked it up.

Now for the down side, I inherited one so I did some checking at a local watch shop about it. Sometime during the late 80's sams club did a blow out special on the watch, retail about 35-45 dollars. So it is worth next to nothing cash wise, but the good thing is if it ever takes a dump (extremly rare) almost every watch shop can repair it for a decent price, plenty of parts.

Get a fossil. I have 2. They look nice, work well, last long and are worth the 50-65 bucks. I think the best all around watch for the cash.

Someday if I sscore the "choice" flying job:

Breitling for work, Tag for every-day outside of work, and a Rolex special events.

I would consider the Rolex and investment. Other material investments I would like are a 1982/83 Porsche 911SC and a Super Cub. All three hold or increase in value.

But if your a poor cummuter guy but don't want to look like one get a fossil.

Just go to a restaurant and try to grab a watch with one of those fun-filled crane machines. You know...the machine you have to dump thousands of quarters in just to get a 5 cent piece of candy, if your lucky. That's my favorite way to get NEW quality watches! :D

overstock.com, getta timex with indiglo.

I just bought a Timex Expedition (not as big as a Ford, but nice sized) Indiglo last week. There's a full line to suit whatever your needs might be. Got it at "Tarjey" for $35. Oh yeah...so far I like it a lot.

G-shock makes an atomic, solar-powered version. Gets updates from the master atomic clock in Colorado. Not batteries to replace...always has a time hack. Questions?

Q: you know how to recognize a pilot?

A: he's the guy at the bar with the giant watch and tiny dik
trying to cash a personal check!

he he he

I think im going to go with the titanium skyhawk..turned out to be a pretty good thread..and no bashing..lol

sqwkvfr said:
I second my man on the Citizen Eco-Drive. I've got the Titanium Skyhawk, and it has features galore.

Never wore a watch, never will. If you need the time you have: ACARS/AFIS, the clock on the yoke, your FO, your FA, your cell phone, clocks in the airport and in the crew lounge, strangers, etc.... If you need to know the time on days off, time to get a hobby and drink more BEER. Loosers.

edit: I forgot to capitalize "BEER"

Latest resources

Back