• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

watch for the bird --- ejection

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If they had a engine failure why did it fly for so long??? I don't get it. The speed held like around 130-140 for the longest time.

hotwings402 said:
If they had a engine failure why did it fly for so long??? I don't get it. The speed held like around 130-140 for the longest time.
If you notice they were descending the whole time, hence the speed maintaining around 140 KIAS...

If you look closely, when they are flying over the rwy, their speed is around 230kts. After being hit by the bird, they pull up to gain altitude. The a/s bleeds down to 140 or so where they level off and begin their descent.
That was an expensive bird strike.

That sucks.

Was he turning to try to make it back to the runway? Should he have flown it straight ahead?

If he had had a bit more altitude, would he have been able to do a 180 dead-stick without pancaking or do you need a whole lot more speed/steeper descent rate than that in a jet?

If it was an F-16 then it was a two seater model. Two different people talking to each other.

Sounds to me like it was a training mission.. IP in the back was giving instruction to the student in front.

Yeah and what the frick does "whoop whoop D6NL" stand for? And another warning message that sounded German? Maybe this was at Ramstein AFB?

Latest resources

Back