Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
320AV8R said:
You obviuosly have never been in anything that remotely resembles a union

My airline probably has the same pilot union as yours. The difference being that the management at my airline has not successfully turned the work groups on each other as NWA management has successfully done. The airline that I work for still has a "company spirit" among its employees (read labor vs. management). The pilots at my airline know that they hold the trump card when it comes to any labor dispute among any of the work groups. They support these other work groups because they realize that it is just a matter of time before we are butting heads with management and we would like to think that they would support us if "replacement pilots" were being trained to take our jobs.

P.S: NWA pilots, have fun flying those "highly maintained aircraft" after every flunky out there with an A&P works on your planes.

What goes around comes around. Nuff Said

Last edited:
My airline probably has the same pilot union as yours.
Are you sure ? Do you not know ? Too bad you don't know the way unions operate.

P.S: NWA pilots, have fun flying those "highly maintained aircraft" after every flunky out there with an A&P works on your planes.
Most of the replacement mechanics are furloughed NWA mechanics, most with 8-10 years experience. Of course AMFA may reach a settlement, who knows.

Either way, I bet you'd be the first in line if that was the only way to commute home.

320AV8R

320AV8R said:
Are you sure ? Do you not know ?

I dont "know" because of your previous disclaimer, which stated that I "assumed" you were NWA. Are you NWA? Is the reason for the disclaimer because your not exactly proud of what is happening there?

Last edited:
WillowRunVortex said:
My airline probably has the same pilot union as yours. The difference being that the management at my airline has not successfully turned the work groups on each other as NWA management has successfully done. The airline that I work for still has a "company spirit" among its employees (read labor vs. management). The pilots at my airline know that they hold the trump card when it comes to any labor dispute among any of the work groups. They support these other work groups because they realize that it is just a matter of time before we are butting heads with management and we would like to think that they would support us if "replacement pilots" were being trained to take our jobs.

What goes around comes around. Nuff Said

Let me guess where you hang out and sing kumbaya. Midwest Airlines? Where you "probably" have the same union as NWA?

The airline that I work for still has a "company spirit" among its employees (read labor vs. management). The pilots at my airline know that they hold the trump card when it comes to any labor dispute among any of the work groups.

And just what company might this be, Willow?

COpilot said:
Why are'nt the NWA pilots going to be just as big SCABS, as an EAL pilot? WHAT GIVES...

What gives? ALPA just welcomed back the CAL scabs with open arms. What kind of message do you think that sent? I would not scab for personal reasons, but I no longer fear my union in making that decision.

ok, back to the bankruptcy....... check out Delta's cash position and tell me how many lawsuits Delta execs would encounter if they filed chapter 11. This just shows that everybody believes what they read. Delta wants the gov't to think that they will go out of business if they do not get pension reform. They are not leaving any doubts about the matter and I am sure they do not object to the frequent stories about ch.11. If they really were in need, ASA and Comair would have been sold for a song (haha). of course, that could be in the works.

What is worse, losing a modest amount of money on the books while maintaining your cash position, or making a ton of money and having employee groups and suppliers wanting more of it ????

I dont "know" because of your previous disclaimer, which stated that I "assumed" you were NWA.
You "assumed" correctly.

Is the reason for the disclaimer because your not exactly proud of what is happening there?
No, it was because it wasn't relevant to the conversation.

320AV8R

twobits said:
ok, back to the bankruptcy....... check out Delta's cash position and tell me how many lawsuits Delta execs would encounter if they filed chapter 11. This just shows that everybody believes what they read. Delta wants the gov't to think that they will go out of business if they do not get pension reform. They are not leaving any doubts about the matter and I am sure they do not object to the frequent stories about ch.11. If they really were in need, ASA and Comair would have been sold for a song (haha). of course, that could be in the works.

What is worse, losing a modest amount of money on the books while maintaining your cash position, or making a ton of money and having employee groups and suppliers wanting more of it ????

If your obligations exceed your current cash on hand, it is better to go into bankruptcy with some cash so you can try to pay the lawyers and try to come out.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I don't know:
Can Delta sell/IPO Comair and ASA after they've filed for CHAPTER 11, or does it have to be done first??

Why are they delaying rasing cash from a sale/IPO of Comair or ASA, or another BOND ISSUANCE or STOCK ISSUANCE??

Maybe Delta's new plan is CH 11. Maybe their plans changed after the changes to bankruptcy laws, and with oil prices 55% higher than their genius forecast of $40/barrel. Their forecast was for $35/barrel for 2006. LET'S PRAY!

Jet

Latest resources

Back