• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wash out rate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So far no washouts (aout of 19 new hires), 4 more to go in sim right now, and looks good for all four of us to make it.

Two companies. First company 3 of 13 failed. Second company 2 of 12. The sim got all of them. All were "career-changers". I don't know if that had anything to do with it (old dog, new tricks?).

3/38 in my class. One left after the first week for a corp. job, one had an incident at the hotel and got canned, the last one didn't make it through sim. His partner said he didn't know the flows, callouts and profiles.

We lost around 2 out of 20 but now worries they got offered a job at that "OTHER" airline that is part of TSA Holdings........lol

They lost either way......

Gee, That's what you get when you put inexperienced, unqualified "pilots" through a 121 training program.

psysix said:
Gee, That's what you get when you put inexperienced, unqualified "pilots" through a 121 training program.
That's true....but, If the training program does not match the experience level of the students there will be a high failure rate. It's still about providing effective training to the people you hire and being sure they get what they need to succeed.

try buying the examiner a round of shots at the hotel bar the night before your checkride. Just my 2 cents worth.

Best advice is no partying during training. Like others have said, know your aircraft limitations, callouts, profiles, and memory items by the time you get to your CPT's. Also, study your maneuvers for each upcoming sim mod. Study with your sim partner and use flash cards as a study tool. Focus and keep a good atitude.

WhiteCloud said:
That's true....but, If the training program does not match the experience level of the students there will be a high failure rate. It's still about providing effective training to the people you hire and being sure they get what they need to succeed.

Agreed. I've seen airlines waste alot of money on pilots who washed out because the training program was not set up to effectively train the less experienced pilots. I think the problem lately is that airlines can't find high time and experienced pilots and so they're lowering their minimums to get people hired on. Unfortunately the training departments aren't adjusting their programs to handle the less experienced candidates and they end up washing out because it's too overwhelming. But if you study and stay focused through training, you have a better chance of getting through.

Latest resources

Back