• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wash out rate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NO PARTYING during training! Thats the only way i made it threw. Get out of the hotel and find some tail with your new buddys. Take out the new F/A class. To much airplane talk will drive you insane. Pay attention in class and dedicate acouple hours every night and allllllot of time at the end. (not a insult just my 2 cents)ATITUDE GOES ALONG WAY!!!!!!

Last edited:
big pimpn' said:
Hey logolight, I see you are on furlough from Independance Air. Sorry to hear that, however you must have plenty of time to study your flash cards and use your sim partner as a study tool.

Let's just say that I got through AWAC's training in only 3 1/2 weeks and 5 sims, all without the use of flash cards, and I've delt with plenty of worse insults on the message boards. But you study however you want...oh wait...you don't have an airline or airplane listed in your profile. Call me when you're ready to get hired and I'll lend you some flash cards. You do know how to use those right?

Logolight, Keep your flashcards and go lock yourself in your hotel room while everyone else has a good time. You take yourself way too seriously, you are an FO for AWAC, not Thunderbird 2. Just because I do not take myself as seriously as you do and list on my profile that I have 3 ATP turbojet type ratings and my current position is flying a 4 engine heavy does not mean I do not work for a reputable airline.

I am sure you are a nice guy, you just need to relax in my opinion.

All 12 made it through in my class.
3 of 18 sent home in the class prior to me. All were given multiple chances to redeem themselves.

Course we are all about to get sent home with the posting of the reduction award tomorrow

big pimpn' said:
Logolight, Keep your flashcards and go lock yourself in your hotel room while everyone else has a good time. You take yourself way too seriously, you are an FO for AWAC, not Thunderbird 2. Just because I do not take myself as seriously as you do and list on my profile that I have 3 ATP turbojet type ratings and my current position is flying a 4 engine heavy does not mean I do not work for a reputable airline.

I am sure you are a nice guy, you just need to relax in my opinion.

So the offender becomes the offended. Hey, I'm not saying become a nun. I've seen guys party hard and get the boot. Just use common sense. Now I can take the hits with the rest of them. I'm sure you're a nice guy too, but all I'm trying to do is offer good advise. But as long as you're just poking fun it's all good man. You're still on my Christmast list.

Cheers.

P.S. I'm tellin ya, try the flash cards...

logolight said:
Let's just say that I got through AWAC's training in only 3 1/2 weeks and 5 sims,

Hmmm. AWAC's infamous 3.5 week plan. Where you go through indoc, then receive no systems ground school, proceed to do a few CPT's, then only 4 sims before your PC. I don't know how they get away with that. At least provide every new-hire the same amount of training! They think nothing of ruining someones career by washing them out!

pipejockey said:
Hmmm. AWAC's infamous 3.5 week plan. Where you go through indoc, then receive no systems ground school, proceed to do a few CPT's, then only 4 sims before your PC. I don't know how they get away with that. At least provide every new-hire the same amount of training! They think nothing of ruining someones career by washing them out!

The short course is for those current in type or type rated in the aircraft. If you need more time and are working hard you get the time needed. I'd venture a guess that most of the short course people do OK and might not need all the sessions. Logo?

pipejockey said:
At least provide every new-hire the same amount of training! They think nothing of ruining someones career by washing them out!

Pipejockey,

He was/is from ACA/Indepence Air. They (AWAC) have a shortened course for people qualified in the airplane.

As an off-the-street newhire with no CRJ time (this included a 121 captain) we were all given 2 weeks indoc, 2 weeks systems, 4 days CPT, and 10 sims (including LOFT and checkride, so actually 8-9 sims depending on how you look at it).

I felt it was more than enough, except maybe the sims. But I suppose you can't ever get enough of those :).

~wheelsup

Latest resources

Back