• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Was that a landing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So juniority, have you been rehabilitated by this thread yet?
Or are you still privately thinking you're right?
Don't be silent if you got more thoughts- don't be beat into submission

Two days ago I was in a weird mood, so I just backed up on Flightinfo and dropped a big turd, a nice stack, a three-coil steamer. Walked off feeling much lighter...

Now I come back and find 5 pages.

All I want to know is...What the F are you doing looking at the Airspeed Indicator as you are crossing the threshold??? It's no wonder why your landings suck.

Two days ago I was in a weird mood, so I just backed up on Flightinfo and dropped a big turd, a nice stack, a three-coil steamer. Walked off feeling much lighter...

Now I come back and find 5 pages.

Hahaha,

Don't run from it brother(!) embrace your inner control freak;)

....Watch: :puke:(All that no-one-else-is-a-real-Pilot-but-ME bull********************)

Get over it. Try to enjoy you life and your job more. You are not better than everyone else. Neither am I or anyone else. And no one would care if you were, either. Study hard, fly well, do your job to the best of your ability, try to expand your own box a little when you can, WITHOUT looking down on everyone else because they aren't as "perfect" as you.

If you are a captain, give your FO's enough space and autonomy to do their job well, and trust (but verify!) them to get it done. Watch what they do when you let them do their job their own way; you just may learn something new. If you don't like it or they aren't up to snuff, take command and change it. But don't pull that trigger over stupid little micromanaging BS things.

If you are a first officer, give the captain enough space and authority to run the ship their own way without constantly second-guessing them on stuff that is more to do with their personal rhythm than flight safety. If it is within the bounds of legality, safety, "standard-enoughness", respect, and reason, learn and try the captain's way of doing things, even if you don't like it, just to exercise your own mental flexibility. Keep what works and chuck the rest.

Have a beer. Lighten up.

OMG sweet Jesus, clone yourself and install your clones on EVERY trip (and sortie) that I am on. Holy grail stuff right here, folks. Only thing that could sweeten the deal is if you happen to be the dos Equis dude. ******************** yeah!!!!!!!!

You know what? Not even worth making a comment.

Have a beer for sure! You desperately need a hobby.

Last edited:
All I want to know is...What the F are you doing looking at the Airspeed Indicator as you are crossing the threshold??? It's no wonder why your landings suck.
This might be an USAF thing. I was checking out an AF pilot in my C-150 once, so he could he could get his SE rating on pilot's license. He asked what touch down speed was, I said I really didn't know but probably around 40 Kts. So we are going around the pattern, he is doing fine and we get into the flare, and he starts pumping the nose. I ask what he is doing, he says "I am trying to touch down at 40 Kts. Next time around the pattern I put one of those instrument cover up's over the airspeed indicator, told him to look out the window and land.

I think I need to correct my logs because it appears that I logged landings that may not have been actual landings

Referencing the original post, this is how tail strikes and runway overruns happen. Reminds of the guys that give l e n g t h y official sounding briefings as if anyone is possible going to listen zzzzzzzz and remember all that. I've witnessed a pilot freak out during in clear and million conditions because of a last minute runway change assignment by ATC because at 10,000 feet, there wasn't enough time to brief the entire procedure. Over

Latest resources

Back