Walk Out May 1st

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FDJ2 said:
Don't get me wrong, illegal is illegal, and the breaking of our laws should not be rewarded, but don't stop with the poor illegal immigrants, any US citizen that hires an illigal citizen should also be punished to the full extent of the law.
I can dig that. The law is the law.

Deuce130 said:
Americans don't want to PAY someone to do the work. We'd rather have a CHEAP labor source to do our dirty work. Immigrants will work for slave wages, and people like Tejas and other businesses are more than willing to pay them those crappy wages.

Really??? Well, THIS American will pay someone to do the work. Problem is....I never see Americans looking for the work.

the guy who cuts my grass, the guy who cleans my pool, the woman who cleans our house....know what they all have in common? They all told me what their price was...and I agreed to that price...I didn't dictate the price to them.

When I built my deck ( Notice I said "I" built my deck....I wasn't gonna hire a company to do it), I could've done it by myself and taken a couple of weeks to get it done, or get it done in a couple of days with help.

I knew where the day laborers can be hired. I went there, hired a couple of guys and we got it done in 2 days. I paid them a bit more thasn minimum wage and gave them a lunch both days. Those guys left happy with what I paid them. And I was happy with the quality work they did. My son and I worked right along with them.

Were they illegals? I didn't ask....and don't care. they did speak english, but were more comfortable speaking spanish so thats how I communicated with them.

You mention "Slave wages" and "crappy wages". Can you tell me exactly what that is in dollars please?

Tejas
WWJD?

quote:
"Were they illegals? I didn't ask....and don't care."

Congratulations.....how proud you must be to be part of the problem.

I also like how you talk about how YOU! built your own deck, because "I wasn't gonna hire a company to do it" (sound of fists beating chest), then go on to talk about how you hired a couple of individuals at minimum wage to help you with it.

Please, we don't want them either.

Please, over here we don't want them back. These dark skinned smelly, poor indigent mexicans that come down from the mountains looking for work in cities across Mexico, and can't find any or simply just aren't hired. We the hard (white)working middle to upper class in Mexico pretty much don't like them therefore discriminate against them forcing them to migrate elsewhere.
Hey, if it were up to us, we should have gotten rid of them back in the days of the Revolution, like the Indians. But, hey their here, and the best way to get rid of them is to limit oportunities for them here in Mexico. For that I congratulate our government in a way because most of them don't have any other option but to go up north and try to find that American Dream so much talked about. So that leaves most of Mexico to be enjoyed by us, if you send them bach there will be an increase in crime, poverty, and graffity.

So please keep them, don't build a wall, give them citizenship or whatever, we don't want them. Sounds cruel, but it's reality, they multiply like gremlins, we don't know where they come down from. I mean communities up there in the Sierra Mountains where there is basically nothing but dirt. About 60 to 80 million of these leeches running around, imagine that, and there is no population control like in China, there should be.
So do the middle/upper class a favor here in Mexico, keep them we don't want them.

How does Mexico treat illegals? I believe they put you in a Mexican jail for about 2 years, then deport you. Why don't we treat illegals the same way??????

Are there jobs americans won't do, probably, but it isn't just americans, even legalized immigrants will not do them. Although, that is probably more an issue with wages, than it is with the job. The $6 lettuce is a scare tactic, espoused by those whose interest has little to do with the common man and more to do with profits.

Interestingly enough, illegals in many cases do get above the minimum wage, but for an employer it still makes sense, since he does not pay all the other taxes, nor does he have to worry about OSHA, workmans comp, unions etc. For the employer it is a win win situation, for the rest of us, well not so much.

It is interesting to note, that even legal immigrants from south of the border is starting to view illegals with a different set of eyes. They are getting priced out of the market by illegal labor. Of course, they are stuck in the middle, since although they are upset, they do not want to press the issue against their fellow man, for fear of a backlash. (Just look what Cosby endured when he spoke about african americans and their language.)

But back to the jobs, we supposedly won't do. So let us presume this is correct, and that it has nothing to do with the wages, the jobs are simply beneath us. Okay, we need someone else to do them, but we need to control who does them, we need to ensure that those who employ them are complying with the law, be it OSHA, taxes etc. We need to ensure, that those who do these jobs are protected and are not indentured servants, otherwise, we are simply revisiting the slave issue, something most americans adamantly oppose.

Is the solution to build a wall, well, it seems silly to do so, although I am a proponent. It seems to me, that it would make a lot more sense, to force employers to make a greater effort to ensure that those they employ are here legally and to fine them heavily if they are caught employing illegals. Now, certainly, there is a lot of fraud going on, with SS cards, green cards etc, however, a little more diligence would probably go along way. The resident deckbuilder on here, is doing us all a disservice, just like those who employ illegals, he didn't even try to ascertain the legality of the issue, which would have been quite easy. Further, his veiled comment, that he was not about to pay the going rate to a carpenter should give pause.

I fully support legal immigration, I support work visa and the guest worker program, but unless we ensure enforcement of the illegals, the above programs makes little sense. As for blanket amnesty, even if it involves fines etc, to those alrady here, I say a resounding no. We should give them one chance to seek change of status, if such is denied, we should expect them to leave asap and if it means we have to arrest and deport, so be it.

Sadly, I am not holding my breath that we or the politicians have the guts to do what is required!

Dizel 8, very well said!

First, I believe 'birthright citizenship' should be eliminated. If both your parents aren't citizens, then you are not a citizen, regardless of where you're born. One is a citizen and one isn't...well that's for an ICE judge to decide.

Second, I do not believe employers should become a defacto immigration enforcement agency. However, realistically that is exactly what needs to happen since the problem is so far out of control. They need to be held to a higher standard, however they cannot do it alone since counterfeit documents are so easy to obtain.

Third, the current regime in Washington has nothing to gain and a lot to lose from their supporters should illegal immigration be severly curtailed. Aboslute power corrupts absolutely.

And for those of you who see this as purely a human rights issue....

The citizens of this country have enough problems. Illegal immigrants make these problems worse, not better.

Sorry, but the melting pot is overflowing.

Here's an IDEA!!! We round up as many illegals we can and ship them down to the boarder area of Mexico. We give them the supplies to build a 50 ft high wall all along the boarder, we pay them $7.00/hr+meals and health benefits. we give them a timeline, say 4 months to build it, if it gets built properly and on time, we grant all of the workers that built the wall citizenship. Then we deputize them and make them guardians of the wall.

If anyone gets across the boarder on their watch, they will be stripped of their citizenship and they and their families will be put on the other side of the wall.

Who sais beer and codine won't make you smart.. I should start thinking about how to deal with Iran next... BEER ME!!!

blzr: this Bud's for you!

Mr. Illegal Immigration Solver Man

Latest resources

Back