"Walk of Shame"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agree

If the captain has such little confidence in his first officer that he feels compelled to urinate in a cockpit instead of using a working lavatory, fearing that safety of flight would be compromised if he left the cockpit for a few minutes, then that captain ought to have refused to take off in the first place.

I fully agree to this one. But writing him up doesn't solve anything either.

Their is no excuse for urinating in a cockpit when a working lavatory is available. I can not believe that there is even a debate on this subject.

I agree. But you aren't suggesting that writing the Captain up is the correct course of action, are you?

Geez, just pee before they board and "squeeze what ever's in you, out of you"! That should give you a good 4 hours or so (your bladder size may vary depending upon type of liquid consumed and quantity). The "breaking the seal" thing is a myth!

But if you really have to make the "walk of shame" then do it with style and flair! Make every moment count: Chat with the passengers, sit down with the ones that you're attracted to and get to know them a bit better, make some coffee or read the USA Today!

I can't believe I just read most of this thread...

:0 I gotta pee!

But if you really have to make the "walk of shame" then do it with style and flair! Make every moment count: Chat with the passengers, sit down with the ones that you're attracted to and get to know them a bit better, make some coffee or read the USA Today!

Made the walk of shame once with my wife sitting in back. Got a nice smooch out of the deal. Told the other passengers that it was a new service we were providing.;)

I agree. But you aren't suggesting that writing the Captain up is the correct course of action, are you?

No, not at all. I would tell the captain that his urinating in the cockpit is unacceptable and that if he did it again I'd get off the trip on the next stop and immediately report him to professional standards. End of discussion.

This type of behavior is unacceptable, unprofessional, unhealthy and indefensible. No one should be subjected to that type of work environment.

Part of being a professional pilot is not allowing yourself to be bullied by either management or another crewmember.

Last edited:
No, not at all. I would tell the captain that his urinating in the cockpit is unacceptable and that if he did it again I'd get off the trip on the next stop and immediately report him to professional standards. End of discussion.

This type of behavior is unacceptable, unprofessional, unhealthy and indefensible. No one should be subjected to that type of work environment.

Part of being a professional pilot is not allowing yourself to be bullied by either management or another crewmember.

Agree 100%. Good post.

I have had three different FO's at ASA tell me they have had a CA pee in a H2O bottle instead of using the LAV in flight. I told each of them they should write that CA up. You have LAV on board. It's not a Be 1900. Has anyone else experienced this? That type of behavior should not be accepted! "Shame" on them.

I think everyone is missing the big picture. It's all about cockpit security. That al qaeda tool in 3a is looking for any chance to rush up there. Use a big bottle and wipe your hands off.

I think everyone is missing the big picture. It's all about cockpit security. That al qaeda tool in 3a is looking for any chance to rush up there. Use a big bottle and wipe your hands off.

Ridiculous.

If the airlines or FAA believe it's that big of a threat, they'd mandate a separate lav for the cockpit crew. (El Al does this; it'd be a neat trick on an RJ.) Unless and until that happens, the door's coming open when nature calls.

Whizzing into a bottle on a plane with a lav? Have some dignity, man!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back