• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Walk of Shame"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe the Captain did not feel comfortable leaving the FO alone on the Flight Deck to handle emergencies and abnormals should they occur.

Is this what happens to you?

Hey there's a certain somebody at PDT that took a shiat in the cockpit, no joke. so no more pissing and moaning!

I heard it was a health related issue. If the guy was really sick ,I think you could cut him some slack.

I hear Great Lakes has quite a few "I sh!t my pants then" stories. One involves a bad tuna sandwich and an hour flight that didn't quite get there soon enough...

But at least they have an excuse for making a mess.

Screaming at the pax in 1A to surrender their sick sack, cutting loose explosively behind the saloon doors, tucking one's pants into their shoes resulting in the legendary inrange call - "Do you guys have any ramper pants?" The joys of no lav.

I personally have ran to the back, popped the bulkhead flap and leapt into Aft baggage to use the patented "E-Kit:" a hotel laundry bag placed inside the spare tire.

Flying off profile is one thing....whipping it out and taking a piss IN YOUR OFFICE when there is a perfectly good lavatory at your disposal and after concerns have been voiced is another thing entirely.

Flying off profile isn't the only thing that ProStands is for. In fact, that's the least of ProStands' concerns. There is no problem so big that ProStands should be skipped and going to management directly is ok. If you take something to ProStands and they determine that the issue is too big for them (imminent safety concerns, for example) then they will make the call about whether the issue should be handled by management or someone else. Individual pilots should not be making the decision to rat each other out. And I agree with LearLove; this applies with disputes between other employees also (FAs, CSRs, etc...). Management is not your friend, and they don't belong in dispute resolutions between employees.

With a lav on board?? WTF?

FO or CA, write him up? No. Grab the bottle and dump it over his f(*king head then proceed to beat the sh!t out of him with said bottle, yes. What a complete tool.

There is no problem so big that ProStands should be skipped and going to management directly is ok.

What about rape?

I know pissing in the cockpit isn't rape, but if someone decides it's cool to piss in the cockpit while I'm there the company is going to get involved because I'm going to have to explain to someone why I'm not continuing the trip.

Pro Standards is great, but pissing in the cockpit (non-emergency) is so far beyond acceptable behavior it's not funny. If for some reason it went to Pro Standards first (i.e. it happened on the last leg of the trip), I would hope the committee would take a course of action to make sure it never happens again.

Take a pic, as 99% of cell phones have camera phones, and email it to the chief pilot, just prior to XMAS, and say "Tis the season!!"

haha

All joking aside, the guy should have used the lav. If he is "that" afraid of letting the FO with the FA up in the cockpit, a) he should have denied the trip with the fo and b) not be flying for the airlines. We have senior FO's and Captains, and we have "new" FO's and Captains. That's how the job goes, he should know this.

Last edited:
What about rape?
Rape is a criminal issue. But since you mention it, ProStands would simply tell you to report it to the proper authorities because it is outside of their bounds. Management still should have no involvement however. If I know that someone has been raped, then I'll be calling the police. Management wouldn't even enter the picture.
I know pissing in the cockpit isn't rape, but if someone decides it's cool to piss in the cockpit while I'm there the company is going to get involved because I'm going to have to explain to someone why I'm not continuing the trip.

Is this really that frickin' difficult, people? Just tell the guy that you're not comfortable with him pissing in the cockpit. If he doesn't care, then tell him that you won't be able to continue the trip if he won't stop it. He'll get in line then. Do so many regional pilots really have this much of a problem with interpersonal issues that they can't solve them between themselves? I have never even considered going to management to complain about anyone, and I can't imagine the thought ever crossing my mind. Management is not my friend. I can handle issues with my fellow employees on my own, or I can seek the assistance of Pro Standards if it's a bigger issue. Pretty simple. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back