• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Walk of Shame"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Taking a piss in the cockpit is no different than someone getting up from his desk at work and pissing into his coffee mug in front of his co-workers because he is too lazy to walk to the men's room.

Even construction workers have port-a-potties to use even though they work outside.

Some of you wonder why you get treated and paid the way you do...

I disagree. For the FO to pee in the cockpit you are right. Unless you are scared the captain is too reckless to be left alone or it is a really critical stage of flight (the flare) by all means you the lou. For the captain it is a bit different. She or he is responsible for your actions when they are in or out of the cockpit. No offense but there aren't many 400 hour 22 year olds I would lend my car to, nevermind a plane with a bunch of lives on. The captain is perfectly justified to do whatever is necessary to bring a safe outcome to that flight, including taking a leak in YOUR water bottle if necessary. End of story, book closed, PERIOD!

Are you refering to the BGM based Penn 1900 CA from years ago who is still there or is this a pure PDT guy your talking about? pre or post merger?

Pre merger but i believe he was outta the berry...all i know is he squated right over that step and let it rip!

I heard it was a health related issue. If the guy was really sick ,I think you could cut him some slack.

Yeah i think he had that irritable bowl syndrome...i'm not lacing into the guy, i just thought it was funny.

Just 'find' some turbulence while he's going.... then he has to explain why his side of the flight deck needs haz-mat. And you get to laugh at him while he pisses all over himself!! Problem Solved.... everybody wins!!

I disagree. For the FO to pee in the cockpit you are right. Unless you are scared the captain is too reckless to be left alone or it is a really critical stage of flight (the flare) by all means you the lou. For the captain it is a bit different. She or he is responsible for your actions when they are in or out of the cockpit. No offense but there aren't many 400 hour 22 year olds I would lend my car to, nevermind a plane with a bunch of lives on. The captain is perfectly justified to do whatever is necessary to bring a safe outcome to that flight, including taking a leak in YOUR water bottle if necessary. End of story, book closed, PERIOD!

I think you misinterpreted the jest of my post. Urinating in the cockpit is uncouth, lazy, and just plain gross especially if there is a working lav on the plane.

Don't play this almighty 'I'm captain and I will pee in your water bottle if I deem necessary crap'. Save it...

If it happened during a critical phase, then MAYBE I can buy the fact that you gotta do what you gotta do...be it pissing in a bottle.

And no offense taken - I'm neither a 22 year old nor a 400 hr wonder. There is a 20,000 hr captain I work with whom I will never step foot in car with again because he displays 'piss-poor' driving habits. Pun intended.

Last edited:
What about if you have a ground stop for 2 hours and you dont want to lose place in line if you get cleared to taxi with only the fo in the front

Look y'all I'm not defending pee boy. That's a stupid thing to do. But what's even dumber is for little FO to get his panties in a wad and run to the chief pilot to write him up. You don't just write people up. It solves nothing. Is that worth getting a man fired over? Is that worth punishing his family over? Report is to pro standards and let the union deal with him. Don't be a management rat.

Lance Uppercut: go wax your legs, gel your spiky hair, and get me a cup of coffee. If I need to hear anything from you, I'll ask you, otherwise sit there and don't touch anything.

If the captain has such little confidence in his first officer that he feels compelled to urinate in a cockpit instead of using a working lavatory, fearing that safety of flight would be compromised if he left the cockpit for a few minutes, then that captain ought to have refused to take off in the first place.

Their is no excuse for urinating in a cockpit when a working lavatory is available. I can not believe that there is even a debate on this subject.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back