• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wacky new take-off procedure at Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Without the flight director, I don't know which way is up.

what is the tail strike attitude on the -200?

How about the -700 and -900?

All this rotation talk has made me curious.

I don't see what the big deal is. One of the hardest things coming over from the Saab was remembering to turn ON the flight director for takeoff.

what is the tail strike attitude on the -200?

How about the -700 and -900?

All this rotation talk has made me curious.
No idea. You have to really yank on it to get a tail strike in a -200.
I recently flew with a check airman and he said there are a lot of problems with people over rotating, and rotating too fast, getting the Continuous Ignition light.

Ever since he told me about this, I've been paying attention to the CI light, and I've noticed that some captains and myself get it once in a while on take off....not that they're erratic take offs.

Is the thing still deferable? Well then, practice taking off without it so you will be ready for the day! Problem solved. When I first upgraded, we didn't use it for takeoff at Comair anyway, so that pretty much sums it up for me.

....heck when it's VMC....turn you screens off and takeoff looking out the window.....Try that.....see what happens...It actually works......:rolleyes:

Who follows that thing anyway? I thought that was for pilots that had no basic flying skills. HAHA! I guess I got used to flying junk Lears that didn't have a FD.

So it would be more like a video game, and the "Generation ME" kids [with gel-spiked hair, backpack, and frosted hairtips] could better cope with it.

I dunno, but that's just my guess......
I think he asked when, not why.

Latest resources

Back