• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

W2's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would guess that most SWA FO's avg. 110 TFP/month. First year pay is $45/Trip. Second year is $77/Trip.
Perdiem is $2.10/hr. Avg 250 hours gone per month.
401k is 8%
Profit Sharing 7.5%

I always enjoy reading this thread. What blows me away is the Fed Ex and UPS numbers. They get some serious coin for not flying. Would like to see some ABX numbers.
Here's mine hired at SWA in 01 (six year pay) $125.9K 862 hours.

Is this a regional W-2 thread? Can anyone show me to the major W-2 thread?
When it comes to a W2 thread it should be for all of us not a Majors vs Regional etc......It is the only way to truly cut through all of the BS that flows from the news , from management, and it corrects airlinepilotcentral as well...so keep them coming... just remember to explain how you got your number ie hours flown, checkairman, avg line, stocks and profit sharing and to the guys who think it is tasteless or immature.....SHUT UP and stop being part of the problem

$149,732; 7th yr SWA CA; Upgraded last summer into a hideous commute, so I've been trying to give away everything I can!

Purpled, if you think this thread is tasteless and has no class, then stop contributing to it! :rolleyes:

I don't find this tasteless at all either. If you ask any Pilot what he makes over a few beers in the pub theres no problem discussing it plus we all know what the pay rate per hour is anyway. Its nice to cut through all the BS of all the different airline contracts and see a real number for the year. Plus if guys are trying to make a decision on what airlines to try to get hired on at, its nice to know up front what the payoff/work rules may be.

I have 15 years with SWA and I just fly my 3 on 4 off line all year and don't pick up any extra flying. I maximize my vacation time ( currently 4 weeks) and loose some money with trip pull for overlap but at this point of time in my life, time off is as important as money. I am topped out at 12 year Captain pay rate which is $173.63 dollars per trip. Theres a formula for what a trip is but to make it a short story here its a little under 1 hours time flying. We have great rigs and never loose any money for weather reroutes, mechanicals etc. You always get the higher of, pay wise with full trip pay for all deadheads.

I flew 780 block hours for 2006. Gross pay for year was $200,2XX dollars. I put $15,000 in my 401K, $12,500 in my top hat and got $15,800 in my profit sharing account. I am probably a little on the low end of the 12 year Captains as far as year end pay. I have flown with some FO's that have conveyed stories of some of our Captains that work all the angles and fly 6 days a week and make $350,000+ per year. But with that being said you won't have a life!

8-9 Year NJA Captain/IOE

$141,620 plus 6500 in per diem and 7500 match on the 401K.

Might as well make it Major, Regional, and Fractional.

$149,732; 7th yr SWA CA; Upgraded last summer into a hideous commute, so I've been trying to give away everything I can!

Purpled, if you think this thread is tasteless and has no class, then stop contributing to it! :rolleyes:

Perhaps I was hoping for some dignity and class to keep from people attacking us for what we make. We earn every penny, whether it's 20k or 200k per year. But bragging on a public website about how much we do make puts a bullseye on us.

This is not chatting with your buddies over a beer. This is posting how much you make for how little you work on a public forum...in a boastful and (sometimes) in your face manner. I was hoping to encourage folks to be above that...guess not.

15 year MD80 CAP TWAllc/AA at home all year.

Line one from my 2006 AA W2 $GFY. Thanks APA

Let me guess. During your first 5 years at TWA, how many times were you asked, "why are you are you still there?", and how many times did you smugly respond, "well, look at the retirements, I'm going to be real senior, real fast".

I heard it more than a few times. Sorry, some of you were like dogs chasing cars.

Perhaps I was hoping for some dignity and class to keep from people attacking us for what we make. We earn every penny, whether it's 20k or 200k per year. But bragging on a public website about how much we do make puts a bullseye on us.

This is not chatting with your buddies over a beer. This is posting how much you make for how little you work on a public forum...in a boastful and (sometimes) in your face manner. I was hoping to encourage folks to be above that...guess not.

Purpled....no one is bragging....in the civilian world it is important to talk amongst each other so that we can de-bunk all the garbage that spews from the mouths of the non-fliers.....Where did you ever imagine that anyone was bragging.....For the guys on the top of the heap such as yourself it gives those of us trying to get there important information to negotiate with thats all...So what were your W2's

Latest resources

Back