• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

W2's 2007

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the YTD totals on my 12/31/07 stub so: (rounded to nearest 100th), CA 4th year pay

gross: 84,500
fit taxable: 63,900
taxes: 18,500 (fed/state/ss/employ med)
deductions:13,300(401k/union dues/group life/health/short disa) of the deductions 10,800 was into the 401k.
net pay: 52,800

other numbers:

per diem: 7900
vacation: 3400 (gross) - cashed out 50 hours because i could only carry over so much of my balance per our contract.

flew close to 900 hours, worked extra day(s) after they opened PHL and I couldn't hold it because it got me trips out of home when I would have been commuting in the first place - otherwise I would have taken the days off.

Last edited:
Airtran Airways Reserve B717 Captain
4 months 3rd Year Pay ($106)/8 months 4th year Pay ($112)

867 Block Hours Flown
1319 Pay Hours Credited

Flight Pay = $145,000
Per Diem = $5,100
B-Fund = $15,000
Total = $165,100

Never left the Eastern/Central Time Zones. One of the better paying RJ jobs out there.

For the Trannies trying to put numbers on what todays reserve system pays versus a traditional reserve system pays, scheduling didn't not use me on 25 reserve days (from April-Dec). Those 25 reserves days paid 87.5 hours soft time (or about 6.7% of total pay). January and February were IOE months and March was a green line.

• $21,334.81
  • First year customer service agent/ramp rat for a regional airline. Above pay includes nothing but hourly pay, i.e, no 401k, etc. included.
  • Did not pick up any overtime, except for when I had to (waiting on a delayed flight, etc).
  • Clocked out early many times, when able, obviously w/o pay.
  • Just received a pay raise, which means with picking up some overtime, I could make $30K+ this year (2008), if I wanted, while still having 2-3 days off per week, and 3 weeks of vacation.
  • Heard of some guys at my station, at the top of the scale, working overtime, and making $50K, with 6 weeks of vacation.
Just goes to show that regional pilots really need to start getting some better contracts, and major pilots too, for that matter. It is sad when the guy loading the bags is making as much, or more than you. I work for just a regional airline, which means guys working for major airlines, in my position, are making more. I've heard of guys, at the top of the scale, working for the major that the regional I work for is contracted with, making $60-$70K, by picking up a some overtime each week.

Latest resources

Back