• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

W2 and Quality of life at Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When I hear or read "kernal" I usually think, there goes another loser who got turned down by the local recruiter... not qualified for flight school... never had the chance to employ an aircraft in combat or combat support... never fired a shot in anger, or received incoming fire... has an enormous chip on his shoulder... doesn't respect those who were fortunate enough to serve our great country and make it home alive... probably a nobama supporter... I feel bad for them, really, I do. They use the word as a derogatory against veterans, but it only reflects negatively on them.

By the way, it's STIPEND, not stippen.

Well, since I am the one who called him the "kernal"..I guess I should respond.

- did not get turned down by a recruiter
- obviously qualified for "military tuff guy" flight school
- graduated DG
- Flew in combat
- was fired upon in comat
- had the privilege serving our country and still do

So I guess I am good for calling someone a "kernal" when I see it.. any questions?

seems like the "toughest" guys can't take the heat.

You only failed in developing a personalility or learning to be humble. Other than that you did great. Thanks Kernal.

Your right. This got off topic fast. Benhuntn....you served your country for many years, thanks. We will get off this piss contest and back to the thread....I am out. Sorry for the re-direction....It was meant as a little fun but obviously took a turn .

NOW....can we return to whatever the thread topic was....(I forgot already)....

I think the topic was that SWA guys are getting their payable hours cut by 5-6% come January and how that will change thier W-2s.

Is your contract done? I heard it expired in '06. With the cut in hours on top of no pay hikes for a couple of years, it's kinda like a pay cut your getting right?

Kernal kernal kernal kernal kernal Kernal kernal kernal kernal kernalKernal kernal kernal kernal kernalKernal kernal kernal kernal kernalKernal kernal kernal kernal kernalKernal kernal kernal kernal kernalKernal kernal kernal kernal kernalKernal kernal kernal kernal kernalKernal kernal kernal kernal kernalKernal kernal kernal kernal kernalKernal kernal kernal kernal kernal

I feel better now.

I know, let's stop the mil vs. civilian BS and focus our disdain on Tanker Clown. I am pretty sure W2's at SWA will be just fine.

I like to debrief my FO's over pickles on bread and polish beer not on the 1 2 3. :beer:

Could only be better if a tatooed hot chick bartender from a Reno Irish pub would bring out the pickles on bread while 87 Russians pound copious amounts of cheap vodka.

Latest resources

Back