• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

VX at the top, Spirit at the bottom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But the seat at the gate isn't as comfortable as the second jumpseat when someone is trying to get to work. And the seat at VX is much more comfortable with a nice dinner sitting in front of you. I also find it much more comfortable facing the passengers when they actually enjoy their trip. It is also nice to have a product I am proud of. I also find it nice to not have to work the MEL. I think I have had less than 5 MEL's on all the aircraft I have flown combined since I got here. I would however find it more comfortable to have VX making money.

You have SOME valid points, however im not sure where you get the impression that we "work the MEL" as much as you do...I hate to keep resorting to the end of the day..BUT left seat in 3 years with lots of growth no debt and a solid stock number...beats a fancy seat and a steak dinner any day of the week...your proud of your product...are you proud of constantly operating in the red? Spare me...it boils down to the bottom $$$..Americans are cheap trash and McDonalds will ALWAYS make more money than the fancy joints...Spirit is a $olid business model and I chose it over Vx because I believe it positions my family better for the future...ie:I wont be applying to Spirit in 3 years when the money runs out..

My company isn't making money (as some of you are very quick to point out) yet we still get KCM. And we got a decent raise recently. All while "losing" money. Spirit has the best profitability in its history yet they are giving you the finger.

Is that gonna be your argument in a few years when the airline no longer exists? I wish nothing but prosperity and health to all you guys....but its just arrogant to think that someone will just keep writing you checks for years while you lose money...it will not last forever...again, I truthfully wish you guys the best...it is a fabulous product that works great for lots of people...obviously birds of a different feather...

Still doesn't answer the question. Now it's "an airline about to go out of business" is still paying for KCM yet your profitable management wants concessions. Why don't you admit you work for an ahole management.

Still doesn't answer the question. Now it's "an airline about to go out of business" is still paying for KCM yet your profitable management wants concessions. Why don't you admit you work for an ahole management.

As opposed to a management that runs my airline into financial ruins? Im fine at NK...life is good thanks. I still think wearing a tie looks professional.

Who gives a ******************** about kcm! Are you really arguing about kcm?

You have SOME valid points, however im not sure where you get the impression that we "work the MEL" as much as you do...I hate to keep resorting to the end of the day..BUT left seat in 3 years with lots of growth no debt and a solid stock number...beats a fancy seat and a steak dinner any day of the week...your proud of your product...are you proud of constantly operating in the red? Spare me...it boils down to the bottom $$$..Americans are cheap trash and McDonalds will ALWAYS make more money than the fancy joints...Spirit is a $olid business model and I chose it over Vx because I believe it positions my family better for the future...ie:I wont be applying to Spirit in 3 years when the money runs out..

This is funny. For whatever reason, everyone thinks that there can only be one business model that works. Guess what? Not every single American buys on ticket price alone. There is a huge difference in clientel between our airlines. I jumpseat on Spirit every great once in a while and I thank god I didn't end up there when I do.

The other thing I find interesting is that everyone just looks at the here and now when making their career choice. I need an airline that will peak when I am towards the end of my career. Are we out of the woods at VX, no but we are close and we have a lot of momentum right now. Where will Spirit pilots be in 30 years? When all other blood is squeezed from the turnip, what will happen to pilot pay? Our rules aren't as good, but our rates are already higher than Spirit's. To each his own, but I thank god I didn't end up over there and if we do run out of money in 3 years, I can say right now I will not be applying to Spirit. It may change, but right now I would not. Oh, and I say that about the MEL's as more of a maintenence issue. I constantly hear of delays and I have seen pictures of flight decks with 15 stickers in them. When I went through VX dispatch, there was 1 MEL on the entire fleet. There have been many days where there were absolutely none.

This is funny. For whatever reason, everyone thinks that there can only be one business model that works. Guess what? Not every single American buys on ticket price alone. There is a huge difference in clientel between our airlines. I jumpseat on Spirit every great once in a while and I thank god I didn't end up there when I do.

The other thing I find interesting is that everyone just looks at the here and now when making their career choice. I need an airline that will peak when I am towards the end of my career. Are we out of the woods at VX, no but we are close and we have a lot of momentum right now. Where will Spirit pilots be in 30 years? When all other blood is squeezed from the turnip, what will happen to pilot pay? Our rules aren't as good, but our rates are already higher than Spirit's. To each his own, but I thank god I didn't end up over there and if we do run out of money in 3 years, I can say right now I will not be applying to Spirit. It may change, but right now I would not. Oh, and I say that about the MEL's as more of a maintenence issue. I constantly hear of delays and I have seen pictures of flight decks with 15 stickers in them. When I went through VX dispatch, there was 1 MEL on the entire fleet. There have been many days where there were absolutely none.

You must be a Mesaba puke.

Jeez dude! Chill out! Go to another REFRESH meeting & enjoy!!

You sound like you sit up late at night trying to convince yourself you work for some elite Co. They're just airlines. And they're just there to make money.
Channel all that angst toward getting a union. You guys'll need it!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back