• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

VX at the top, Spirit at the bottom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please ignore Mesaba poster boys. These guys will wear up side down epuallets and walk down the terminal with the chest pumped up to special to say "hi". Freaking robots!

You obviously know nothing about me because I am about the opposite of what you are describing there. Either way, I am done trying to defend my positive point of view. Obviously it is a moot action here on fi.com.

And all my good talking about vx is biting me in the ass. Swapped to a broken airplane and nothing but trouble. :beer:

Last edited:
As a Spirit hope full (filled out the long app last night) I guess you could count me in the "best money I ever made was at a regional" crowd. Best vacation too, while we're at it. But right now my regional is losing out on new flying while Spirit is growing and growing. Is the grass greener? Can't say for sure, but I haven't heard a bad word spoken by anyone who works at NK.

My previous comments about Spirit were a bit harsh without knowing a whole lot about what I was talking about. The only things I go by are what I see and what those I talk to tell me about (no Spirit pilots). Obviously I have gotten an undue impression about how they operate. I have no ill will towards the pilots and I apologize.

My previous comments about Spirit were a bit harsh without knowing a whole lot about what I was talking about. The only things I go by are what I see and what those I talk to tell me about (no Spirit pilots). Obviously I have gotten an undue impression about how they operate. I have no ill will towards the pilots and I apologize.

you sir are a class act!! youll find 99.9% of us Nk guys love our jobs and are very excited about the future...more importantly 99.9% of us want to see Vx succeed and to see all you guys live long prosperous lives...this is not a Michigan vs. Ohio State thing...we just get a bit flustered when people pretend they know everything about how good or bad we have it...Were all just trying to feed our families regardless of what colors are on the tail....is spirit the perfect place to work...FAR FROM IT! weve got some rocky roads ahead as this book becomes amendable and we enter early sit downs with management...it will get ugly! But at this point we have fantastic work rules that we have no intention of giving up...your welcome in our jumpseats anytime...
ps...Bri I feel your pain...I spent the worst 6 FRIGGEN YEARS of my life at Pinnacle...only I wasn't making good money...congrats to any and all from 9e/9l/xj who walked away from that abortion of an operation...safe to say NK and Vx are both steps up

Last edited:

:beer:

Are you kidding me? I would rather work for Spirit at the bottom of Customer service and top of profitability, then VA at the top of customer surveys and the absolute bottom at making money.

Im proud to fly for Spirit :), and I enjoy peanut M&Ms and Combos

No. You would rather do what it takes to get out of a 6 year RJ FO seat at Expressjet. Spirit called. Lets not pretend like where you came from was rosey and you had your choice of Major/LCC airlines lining up for your services. Like every other pilot out there, I threw my darts everywhere. VX called first and that's why. If Spirit had called first, I'd be there. 2011/12 hasn't been a pilots market. We end up at different places just by chance. Hopefully a time will come in the future when pilots have numerous job offers in hand because the demand is there. But that's not today.

Last edited:
No. You would rather do what it takes to get out of a 6 year RJ FO seat at Expressjet. Spirit called. Lets not pretend like where you came from was rosey and you had your choice of Major/LCC airlines lining up for your services. Like every other pilot out there, I threw my darts everywhere. VX called first and that's why. If Spirit had called first, I'd be there. 2011/12 hasn't been a pilots market. We end up at different places just by chance. Hopefully a time will come in the future when pilots have numerous job offers in hand because the demand is there. But that's not today.

Accurate enough :) I didn't apply to VX though, the commute would kill me, lol I also applied to JetBlue and got called for an interview but respectfully declined. I had a really good friend reccomend me there and by the time The call came I was more than happy to continue with Spirit. ( he left for UAL, so no hard feelings on his part)

Last edited:
Accurate enough :) I didn't apply to VX though, the commute would kill me, lol I also applied to JetBlue and got called for an interview but respectfully declined. I had a really good friend reccomend me there and by the time The call came I was more than happy to continue with Spirit. ( he left for UAL, so no hard feelings on his part)

Oh okay. You probably weren't as desperate as I was LOL. I applied to airlines I didn't even know existed (like Aloha Air Cargo).

I am not worked up at all. I am treated well (except for scheduling) and I very much enjoy my job. I like passengers telling me that was the best plane ride they have ever been on, and I like seeing the airline I work for top the ratings every time they are included in a survey. If we can start making money, I have no doubt more will come my way. If we don't, I guess I will be on the street. Only time will tell, but I am optomistic after the news and rumors from the last couple months. Oh, and I like not wearing a tie and still look/act professional ;).
Last week, I flew from SAN to ATL and I saw the same passengers telling me the same thing when they disembarked the plane. :laugh:

Latest resources

Back