• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Vote underway at Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good point! So it IS about revenue, not number of pax!

wow

ya know, for all the skywest folks discussing/enclosing internal matters on this site you embarass the entire pilot group. Extremely unprofessional, there are internal sites designated for this.
Please use some maturity in the future.

The 777 is easier to fly than a Seneca, but it takes much more knowledge and judgement. The quote that keeps coming back to me is, "The more automated it is the harder it is to learn and the easier it is to fly." You certainly want to be paid for the months of study and experience it took to finally get a good understanding of the 777. I'm unsure what the best way is to set up payscales, but "ease of operation" isn't it.

ya bouy- I agree that the posts have been unprofessional when they refer to individuals and speculate about their motives, the rest are informative and I think that information about what is happening in the industry is very valuable to all of us. None of this stuff is confidential or they wouldn't have sent it out to 2000+ pilots. On the other hand, our companies recipe for the secret sauce, security issues and our plan for taking over the world are confidential and shouldn't be shared willy nilly. Don't take offense, but try pause before you mount the proverbial high horse and issue judgements. Personally I find a 24 hour rule is adequate for me to regain perspective before I condemn others.

FlyboyPhil said:
...On the other hand, our companies recipe for the secret sauce, security issues and our plan for taking over the world are confidential and shouldn't be shared willy nilly...
Does somebody else want to tell him? Or should I? ;) Shhhh!

Hello Newman. You're right. You are enlightened, able to see the industry as it truly is.Thank you, humbly, for sharing your bounteous wisdom with the rest of us. Thank you, too, for the thoroughly flawed analogies. DAL & UAL set the highest standards for pilot compensation. We at SkyWest are not asking for unreasonable rates. We'd be happy to see industry average rates on the 90-seater. Whether or not you agree with seperate rates, you can't argue that every other airline that operates similar aircraft (90-seaters) pays them more than we have been offered. We're not greedy. Regardless of what Budda says. We just want to be treated fairly.

Last edited:
jayme said:
You should be paid more because you are responsible for more lives, more equipment, and are generating more revenue. If everything was based on how "hard" it was to fly, you'd be paid a million dollars a year to fly hard IFR in a balloon.

I'd accept this as a valid point if there was some move to select the 'best/safest/smartest' pilots to fly the larger aircraft. This is hardly the case, however. Does $5 an hour make you any safer? Smarter? Is a 70 seater really any greater responsibility? (i.e. is the airplane more inherently dangerous?)

The only case that even begins to make your point is the 'more revenue' option. In that case, however, you jump right back into a set of arguments that favors paying more to the flight attendants/mechanics/etc. who likewise work to generate that revenue.

katanabob said:
I'd accept this as a valid point if there was some move to select the 'best/safest/smartest' pilots to fly the larger aircraft. This is hardly the case, however. Does $5 an hour make you any safer? Smarter? Is a 70 seater really any greater responsibility? (i.e. is the airplane more inherently dangerous?)

The only case that even begins to make your point is the 'more revenue' option. In that case, however, you jump right back into a set of arguments that favors paying more to the flight attendants/mechanics/etc. who likewise work to generate that revenue.

Your a tool- MORE PEOPLE = MORE RESPONSIBILITY= MORE MONEY! Your a fag! Your one of those fo's that flies with a hard on all the time because your flying a POS 50 seater and getting paid real money to fly it! Take your hard on somwhere else- I think our managers would lke it more!

Latest resources

Back