• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Vote NO on ASA PBS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am a no voter. This will probably pass, but if it doesn't, think of the millions the company would not be saving. Do you think they will just sit around and wait until the next contract to vote this in again? They would sweeten the pot to get it back.

However, this is not my reason for a no vote. I have my reasons.

Don't get your hopes about your demands being met. Plus, that is just the dumbest sounding thing, "we demand......." Just sounds desperate.

That being said, you'll like PBS. Lots of friends like it.
What the hell do you think union talks are? Do you think it's tea time and friendly banter? No, it is often a threat to strike if demands are not met. I pray that you are not an MEC contract negotiator. Nobody cares if your stupid friends like PBS. They don't work at ASA. We will make up our own minds.

Last edited:
What the hell do you think union talks are? Do you think it's tea time and friendly banter? No, it is often a threat to strike if demands are not met. I pray that you are not an MEC contract negotiator. Nobody cares if your stupid friends like PBS. They don't work at ASA. We will make up our own minds.

Do you have an anger problem? There is help available, but it's not on FI.com.

Well everyone, sorry for the tangent.....

The main point is the vote. Think about it. It's an important one.

Whether or not the union gets credit for their part is ultimately unimportant.

I am a no voter. This will probably pass, but if it doesn't, think of the millions the company would not be saving. Do you think they will just sit around and wait until the next contract to vote this in again? They would sweeten the pot to get it back.

The company already sweetened the pot to get it out to vote, maybe too much depending on if what I'm hearing is true. Part of me thinks the company wants it voted down, because they know they can get a much better deal (for them) in Section 6.

The company already sweetened the pot to get it out to vote, maybe too much depending on if what I'm hearing is true. Part of me thinks the company wants it voted down, because they know they can get a much better deal (for them) in Section 6.

How many times has a work group voted no on a TA and the second time around ended up with something worse? I know that you guys keep saying that in section 6 the key word is “industry standard”, but then how come after the last section 6 talks you keep saying that we got an “industry leading” contract? The union tries to make themselves sound weak by saying we will be “forced” but that is not the case. We will still be able to vote.

no vote from me. seems like instead of trying to limit 4 days we could just get a trip rig. then if they want to build 4 days they will have to pay more than 15.5 hours.. and not that it isnt deserved but why bargain for 6 hours pay for alpa leave, just makes me feel like the pot is sweetened for the select few and not the group. Also dont like the destacking during holiday months of like 50% of the group. So in theory 50% of the pilot group selects there preferences but gets what the company wants them to have because presidents day is a small increase in the number of travelers.

Do you think they will just sit around and wait until the next contract to vote this in again? They would sweeten the pot to get it back.

Don't be so sure...

If this is voted down, it won't come up again until the next contract, and that, gentlemen, is when we will get screwed.

Last edited:
Don't be so sure...

If this is voted down, it won't come up again until the next contract, and that, gentlemen, is when we will get screwed.

Seriously? First of all, our negotiators can play the stall game against management just like they did for 5 years. Think of the millions of dollars the company would lose having to wait until a new contract is signed. Plus, if they try to "screw" us, nobody will vote on a TA, thus prolonging PBS. As bad as they want this, they will figure out a way to quickly get it.

My vote is still NO. I think it will pass, but I hope not.

Latest resources

Back