• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Vote NO on ASA PBS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice site but from going to a road show and asking questions about my concerns the positives outweigh the negative of this LOA.

From my perspective PBS is coming to ASA either now or in the next contract. I would rather vote it in now and work with the system over the next several months outside of negotiations. During this time we voice our concerns about PBS to the union reps so they can fix the "loopholes" and improve our PBS system during open book. If we wait and get PBS during contract negotiations we will be stuck w/ whatever comes out for many years w/o any hopes of getting anything changed.

Last edited:
Nice site but from going to a road show and asking questions about my concerns the positives outweigh the negative of this LOA.

From my perspective PBS is coming to ASA either now or in the next contract. I would rather vote it in now and work with the system over the next several months outside of negotiations. During this time we voice our concerns about PBS to the union reps so they can fix the "loopholes" and improve our PBS system during open book. If we wait and get PBS during contract negotiations we will be stuck w/ whatever comes out for many years w/o any hopes of getting anything changed.

Have to agree with this completely. Number 1 it allows us the ability and time to correct it in the next contract. Number 2, every bit of bargaining power is gone in the next contract, spent getting back to this if this doesn't pass now.

Alpa seems intent on getting us to vote pbs in no matter what the cost is to the pilot group. There are way too many loopholes to warrent a yes vote in my opinion. Why is alpa so intent on us passing pbs at this point in time? Its not like there is any new flying out there for us to pick up so we can cut costs again to be competitive. If Alpa would listen to the pilot group and try to close these loopholes that are the concern of many in the pilot group then i would have no problem supporting pbs. It just seems like alpa is trying to jam this down our throats. Vote No

Alpa seems intent on getting us to vote pbs in no matter what the cost is to the pilot group. There are way too many loopholes to warrent a yes vote in my opinion. Why is alpa so intent on us passing pbs at this point in time? Its not like there is any new flying out there for us to pick up so we can cut costs again to be competitive. If Alpa would listen to the pilot group and try to close these loopholes that are the concern of many in the pilot group then i would have no problem supporting pbs. It just seems like alpa is trying to jam this down our throats. Vote No

Sure, vote no and get it rammed down our throats in the next negotiations with probably worse language than this TA, and no opportunity to address issues until the contract following that one. Great plan!

We are not in a strong position to negotiate anything at this time. We are losing aircraft every other month. It's in our best interest to play a little ball with management right now. We can demand more later.

I like the deal of getting it onboard NOW and then improving the agreement when we open up the contract later. If it's voted down now, we won't get as good an agreement as this LOA, and the one we will get from management will really piss you off! Vote no if you wish, but putting your anti-PBS web site as a home page on the company computers in the crew lounge is uncalled for. Your actions reflect on the rest of your brother pilots and I for one resent your actions.

Hoser
ROLL TIDE!

The site would be a lot more credible if somebody signed their name to it.

However, a little bit of digging gave me the name person who made this. For somebody who wanted to stay anonymous, they didn't do a good job of hiding their identity.

Yes Vote

I'll be voting yes to PBS. I can't stand the current method of line bidding. I absolutely hate integration. Even as a senior pilot if you need certain days of throughout the month (i.e. 3rd, 8th, 19th, etc.) there are often times when none of the lines match my criteria. No thanks. I'd rather bid for trips.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back