• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Viva Le France!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey 350 do you really believe that crap that you are spewing? Your assessment of the situation really makes me wonder about your intelligence. Maybe you should catch a ride over to France and stay there. I am so tired of people like you putting up your criticisms of the administration without any information to base it on. Do you have access to intelligence briefs? Are you an expert on any of the threats that may be facing us? Are you an economist? No, you are an airplane driver that takes bits and pieces of news info and combines that with your political slant to come up with all kinds of criticism of our gov. Everyone please take a look at our administration. No matter what you think of President Bush, you have to admit that we have an excellent cabinet with lots of experience. Does anyone really believe that all these intelligent people want to go to war? Maybe there is a reason for all of this that is not known to us right now. You don't really think that we know all the facts do you? Think about this for just a little. Finally, for all of you that don't agree, now is the time to shut up and get behind your country and our troops. If you do not want to do that please exit the country or come see me for a better explanation.

bugchaser said:
Does anyone really believe that all these intelligent people want to go to war? Maybe there is a reason for all of this that is not known to us right now.

Decide for yourself...

At the time the Gulf War ended in 1991, Powell was the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Wolfowitz was deputy secretary of defense for policy, the third-highest ranking civilian in then-Secretary of Defense Dick Cheney's Pentagon. Powell was instrumental in stopping the war short of going to Baghdad and removing Saddam Hussein. Wolfowitz and other hardliners were less than enthusiastic about that decision.

"Paul Wolfowitz believed then that it was a mistake to end the war," says Richard Perle, chairman of the influential Defense Policy Board and a veteran of the Reagan administration. "They underestimated the way in which Saddam was able to cling to power, and the means he would use to remain in power. That was the mistake."

Soon after the Gulf War, Wolfowitz supervised the drafting of a set of classified policy guidelines, called a Defense Planning Guidance, for how the U.S. should deal with Saddam Hussein and the rest of the world in the post-Cold War era. Wolfowitz believed containment was an old idea -- a relic of the Cold War -- and that America should use its overwhelming military might preemptively, and unilaterally, if need be. His draft of these policy guidelines was leaked to the press in 1992.

"Inside the U.S. defense planning establishment, there were people who thought this thing was nuts," Barton Gellman of The Washington Post tells FRONTLINE. "The first draft said that the United States would be prepared to preempt the use of nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons by any other nation, even, the document said, 'Where our interests are otherwise not engaged.' ... It spoke of punishing or retaliating for that use, but it also said 'preempt.' This was the first time."

"Wolfowitz basically authored a doctrine of American hegemony," says historian and foreign policy expert John Lewis Gaddis, "a doctrine in which the United States would seek to maintain the position that it came out of the Cold War with, at which there were no obvious or plausible challengers to the United States. That was considered quite shocking in 1992. So shocking, in fact, that the Bush administration, at that time, disavowed it."

As the first President Bush left office, Wolfowitz's draft plan went into the bottom drawer, but it would not be forgotten.

Link

bugchaser-

I probably would be concerned if I were you of the long term health risks from getting so close to the ag chemicals, from your posts it sure seems like you have gotten some in your system.

I am so tired of people like you putting up your criticisms of the administration without any information to base it on.

Well you are just going to be getting alot more tired since there are millions like I out there who don't buy into propaganda as you do. You are as bad as the media, you have no evidence or proof of anything other then relying on ignorant false opinions. I hope you stay on the bandwagon since it probably will do you good.

Sen. Tom Daschle pretty much summed it up in his speech...

Your assessment of the situation really makes me wonder about your intelligence.

Well I hope you wonder alot since common sense is hard for many to grasp. You will come around the bend soon I would only hope.

Maybe there is a reason for all of this that is not known to us right now.

That was funny, classy

3 5 0

You are as bad as the media, you have no evidence or proof of anything other then relying on ignorant false opinions.
Bush & Powell quote numbers, quantities, places, people, specifications and conversations. You and every bum off the street says "there's no evidence." Now who am I inclined to believe?

I enjoyed a commentary on TV the other night. A reporter visited a school outside of which a little anti-war rally was being held. First he spoke to this gum-chewing 5th grader.

5th Grader: "We have to stop bombing Iraq, and all these people are dying, and it's just wrong"
Reporter: "You know we aren't at war with Iraq yet..."
5th grader: "Oh. Hmm, really, but...?"
This 5th grader, all of 11 years old, was carrying a poster that said "Make love, not War." The reporter commented that perhaps this child was too young for either subject.

Speaking to a high-school student who was also toting an anti-war sign.
Reporter: "Who is the president of Iraq?"
Freshman: "Uh, er, I wanna say Osama somebody, but, uh is that him?"
Reporter: "No"
Freshman: "Oh, man, uh, you sure it ain't? I thought it starts with an O..."
Reporter: "Perhaps you mean Saddam Hussein?"
Freshman: "Yeah, yeah, that must be him"

I also enjoyed Fred Durst's comment at the Grammys:
"I hope we all in aggreance here, that this war has got to stop..."
Well Fred, if you weren't paying enough attention in school to learn basic grammar or vocabulary, I have to assume that you didn't get much out of World History, either. Therefore your opinion is valueless.

This is the calibre of individual we get lectured by.

Last edited:
--------------------------------------------------
Well, the Palestinians who have been systematicly displaced from the lands they have occupies for 1800 years would beg to differ. The families (if any are left) of the numerous villages that the israelis massacred would beg to differ.
--------------------------------------------------

Not this old lie again. It is real easy for closet anti-semites to believe, however, They really, really want to believe it.
Thank the Germans and the French for the state of Israel if you are so opposed to it. Hate is always very ugly. Joseph Goebbels would love you.

Loafman said:
Simple solution to all world problems. Nuke all the pacifists. They only breed liberal pu$$ies. All our problems arise from this country being neutered by the tree huggers and queers, and those of us quiet mainstream types sitting idly by watching the squeaky wheel get the oil. If you're not part of the solution, then shut the F__K up.

Is there any possibility you might consider following your own advice?

I hope, I hope, I hope.

Bush & Powell quote numbers, quantities, places, people, specifications and conversations. You and every bum off the street says "there's no evidence." Now who am I inclined to believe

What a complete "joke". After reading some of your replies Cardinal I had thought you could have done much better than that one.... Number, quantities, places, people, specs, and conversations?? W has been able to show the world absolutely no proof at all, hell he can't even get a UN support in his favor nor can he even get our allies on his side- Denial, brainwashed, propaganda I think sums it up.:cool:

come on..

3 5 0

French U-turn

Seems like the French have suddenly changed their mind, and say they will support the removal of Saddam if he uses chemical or biological weapons.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1084093,00.html

It appears that they have either realized that they are about to enjoy a large slice of humble pie, or they don't want to be on the losing side (a la Italy circa 1944).

I think our message to the French should be clear:

"Thank you, but your help is not needed or wanted"

surplus1 said:

While you ridicule the French for their position against an invasion of Iraq, no doubt you praise the British for their support. Well, it is true that we have the support of the British Prime Mininister (Mr. Blair). It is also true that 85% of the British people, do not support their own Prime minister or us. Why do you ignore that fact?

Some reference the French governments refusal to let us overyfly France when we chose to attack Libya. Those of you also praise the British for permitting our aircraft to depart from British bases and overfly the UK. Of course you are entitled to your opinons. However, you seem to forget that, in that case, the French people opposed their government and took our side. The British people also opposed their government and ours, and masses of them showed their opposition by burning the US flag in the streets of London, in living color. To my knowledge, the people of France have never burned the American flag in the streets of Paris. How come you French bashers never remember that?
[/u].
[/B]

Where did this 85% of British people come from? An opinion poll no doubt that are more often than not, wrong.

The majority of British people did support the bombing of Libya, their only wish was to send in the SAS so we could have eliminated Gadaffi.

I too have seen the US flag burned, it was in the streets of Paris, it has happened on more than one occasion. I was in london at that time and I don't recall "masses" of people in the streets burning flags. I have also seen the British flag burned and not mention a few Beatles albums too. Those that do these things do not represent the silent majority in any country.

Sadam supports terror and finances it in several ways that are very well documented. It is time for him to go.

Last edited:
350- You are a work of art

How true this point is. The main problem is that a complete lack of evidence is not helping "W" out nor is the current shape of our economy. I will reiterate the same point one more time, I am not anti-war BUT without any evidence it is extremely hard to suppport military action against a country that poses no threat to us. I do have the utmost of respect for our service men and women and can only pray and hope for their safe return IF "W" does proceed with this action which now looks like it will happen.

Refering to Houses original statement inferring that Senior Military Officers are questioning Bushes intentions and tactics, you to are agreeing. As I asked House and got no reply, and since you know the answer, let us know who the senior officers are!!!

Additionally, you have spent several months or more in Iraq, correct?? Of course you have or you wouldnt have all of that vast knowledge. Let me tell you something, unless you have spent time there, you need not be preaching something you know nothing about. I was over there and saw first hand what SH did. I picked up the very first POW's of the ground war, 12-16 year olds and old men over 60 that could barely walk. They were involuntarily recruited and placed on the front lines. I saw several POW's that SH's army tried to kill for surrendering, i.e. running over their legs with tanks, cutting off limbs, ears, pokeing out eyes, etc. Many of whom died in route while we tried to get them to a hospital. SH ordered these fatalities, they were not from the U.S. bombings. Do you remember the Serian death squads hired by SH, ya, I thought so. He has attacked two countries and he will attack again.
If it was oil, we would have taken it years ago. I'll bet you wont even agree to opening the new Alaskan northern banks oil area like GW wanted to so we could become more independent. Secondly, when is the last time the U.S. EVER occupied and took over a nation for them to rule. When have they not left those countries better than they entered it? Try to look at the big picture and not just your little world. There is plenty of evidence!
Just announced on the news and CNN, SH has ordered the use of chemical warefare. HMMMM, thought he didn't have anything! Give me a break.:mad:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back