Viva Le France!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

VivaZapata

Some of the so-called points being made in this issue are ridiculous. How childish of the Bush administration and of those that buy into the rhetoric. Oh, France is somehow our enemy, ungrateful, anti-American, etc. simply because they plan to excercise their no vote and veto privilege in a democratic process? Absolutely not. Being anti-war is not anti-American. Dissent is not anti-American. To those that believe otherwise, the very same "logic" can be applied against your opinions in that it could be easily said the pro-war stance is anti-American. See how preposterous this argument is?

This isn't a game folks. This is too serious to be playing a game of who can stick their chest out the farthest. It would be difficult to deny that very large can of worms will be opened once this attack is started.

Personally, I don't buy this rhetoric born of blind patriotic stupor. Sorry, no matter what you say, the pro-war camp does not have an exclusive claim to genuine patriotism and being pro-America.

In the spirit of my rant, below are a couple of links for travel in to France. I will be traveling their this spring and will make it known that as an American, I support the position of Cherac.

http://www.france.com/travelindex.html

http://www.francetourism.com/

Okay, I'm finished, time to go enjoy some FRENCH cut fries!
(btw, they didn't originate in France)

Last edited:
Vive La France

"Going to war without France is like going duck hunting without your accordion."

-- Donald Rumsfeld, U.S. Secretary of Defense

"As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure."
-- Jacques Chirac, President of France

"As far as France is concerned, you're right."
-- Rush Limbaugh

"They've taken their own precautions against al-Qa'ida. To prepare for an attack, each Frenchman is urged to keep duct tape, a white flag, and a
three-day supply of mistresses in the house."
-- Argus Hamilton

"Somebody was telling me about the French Army rifle that was being advertised on eBay the other day -- the description was, 'Never shot.
Dropped once.'"
-- Rep. Roy Blunt (MO)

"The French will only agree to go to war when we've proven we've found truffles in Iraq."
-- Dennis Miller

"What do you expect from a culture and a nation that exerted more of its national will fighting against DisneyWorld and Big Macs than the Nazis?"
-- Dennis Miller

Raise your right hand if you like the French ... raise both hands if you are French.

"You know why the French don't want to bomb Saddam Hussein? Because he hates Americans, he loves mistresses and wears a beret. He is French, people."
-- Conan O'Brien

"I don't know why people are surprised the French don't want to help us get Saddam out of Iraq. After all, France wouldn't help us get the Germans out of France."
-- Jay Leno

Q. What did the mayor of Paris say to the German Army as they entered the
city in WWII?
A. Table for 100,000 m'sieur?

"The last time the French ask for 'more proof' it came marching into Paris under a German flag."
-- David Letterman

"Do you know how many Frenchmen it takes to defend Paris? It's not known,it's never been tried."
-- Rep. R. Blount (MO)

"Do you know it only took Germany three days to conquer France in WWII? And that's because it was raining."
-- John Xereas, Manager, DC Improv

I think most of the hatred being displayed is because a lot of French really do look down there noses at America. We are the cowboys, the bullies. I dealt with it while I stationed in Europe. I even had a couple of French exchange pilots (Army) tell me about how babaric we Americans are. Well we aren't the boy scouts that's for sure. I bet they loved those babarians on Normandy beach. So you have a nice trip over there to France and while you're at it why don't you stop by one of these tourist attractions.

There are 11 American Cemeteries in france
maintained by the US Government
Honoring 66,033 Americans Killed fighting for the
french

Aisne-Marne Cemetery france
3,349 Americans Killed

Somme Cemetery france
2,177 Americans Killed

Brittany Cemetery france
4,908 Americans Killed

Oise-Aisne Cemetery france
6,253 Americans Killed

Epinal Cemetery france
5,679 Americans Killed

Rhone Dragungnan Cemetery france
1,155 Americans Killed

Lorraine Cemetery france
10,933 Americans Killed

Meuse-Argonne Cemetery france
15,200 Americans Killed

St. Mihiel Cemetery france
4,437 Americans Killed

Suresnes Cemetery france
998 Americans Killed

Normandy Cemetery france
10,944 Americans Killed

Americans are Buried or Missing in france.

VivaZapata said:

I will be traveling their this spring and will make it known that as an American, I support the position of Cherac.

If you love him so much learn to spell his name correctly and I agree with the other guy, plz don't come back!

:mad:

I saw the Prime Minister of the break-away Kurdish Republic in Northern Iraq interviewed on the news a couple of days ago. He said quite plainly, as an Iraqi who expects to have a major say in the business and governance of post-war Iraq, that people who failed to help free Iraq (France, Russia, et al) should not be suprised to find their business contracts with Saddam Hussein null and void, and to find no place in the rebuilding and future commerce of a free Iraq. His closing line was, "We will not forget those who helped us, and we will not forget those who refused to help us."

France is about to get a wake-up call on the economic front. Their profitable under-the-table relationship with Hussein is about to go "poof."

Last edited:
My 2 cents

The french got asses kicked in Vietnam .Oh and how many of our troops died in Normandy France can kiss my ass. I agree Stay there!! Oh and here is a french quote" I Fart in your general direction" ! Chas

Latest resources

Back