Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Y'all need to un-clench

Geez,
Just when I find an interesting thread where I can bash the French you guys get all serious.

"There are only two things I hate: those who are intolerant of other people's cultures...and the Dutch."

Dutch:D

A Squared

Excellent posts, sir. You are very well informed and obviously read beyond the popular hyperbole and into the historical detail both of the region and the Zionist movement.

One of the things that fascinates me is the apparent willingness of so many folks writing in these threads to simply accept whatever they find on some website (source and accuracy unverified) or listen to on one or more of the many propagandized media tools of assorted political entities (including governments) as "fact".

As a people we seem far too readily caught up in the rhetoric of the spin doctors, particularly those who appear to share our own prejudices. So much so that we fail to recognize that the purpose of their proclamations is often deliberately intended to obscure the truth.

The most dangerous aspect of this may well be our apparent desire to accept as reality what we are told by our own governments and politicians, while conveniently avoiding any real search for the truth. We believe, because we want to believe, and we follow like lemmings because we know that weare correct and everyone who differs is automatically wrong.

History is there for us to study, yet we focus on the "sound bites", and our own self-satisfying propaganda, avoid research and form "controlled opinions" without even realizing that we are doing so.

This TV mentality may well place the future of the Republic in jeopardy as we subjugate ourselves to unconscious thought control and lable those that disagree, right-wing conservatives, left-wing liberals, communists or "un-american".

History is often written by the victor, therefore what's written in books is still questionable. I guess we're back to opinions and prejudices again.
Surplus, stop making sense. I really want to hate the French.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back