• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Vision Airlines to fly struck Spirit Flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But in this case where Vision would fly a Spirit route say FLL-MYR where Vision does not fly that route and they start flying that route because they sign an agreement with Spirit management to fly that route only during a strike then they would be SCABs.

Ahhh...therein lies the rub.

Is Falcon Air planning on flying Spirit struck work? There's a flight plan filed for the San Salvador charter today KFLL-MYSM-KFLL as NKS2098 & NKS2099 with an MD83. Who else would it be? Good luck Spirit guys, you stayed together and had the nads.

Is Falcon Air planning on flying Spirit struck work? There's a flight plan filed for the San Salvador charter today KFLL-MYSM-KFLL as NKS2098 & NKS2099 with an MD83. Who else would it be? Good luck Spirit guys, you stayed together and had the nads.

looks like that is the plan...our FAA FSDO told us they will be observing 100% of all flights operated by or for Spirit Airlines during the strike...I hope that airplane is airworthy.

There needs to be a very vocal picket line in plane view of the cockpit!!!

They flew some Spirit flights on Friday, I found them on flightaware

Good thing I've only had ice cream.

You sir (loosely), are an {I'll let our president curse}. The pilots of ATA, many on their 3rd or 4th ALPA carrier, had nothing to do with ATA's demise. We worked. We gave. We sacrificed. We led. We suggested. We offered. We proposed. Nada. We were in the way. It was a management decision.

ALPA is NOT a union. If it were, it would make sure the ALPA pilots at ATA, Aloha, Champion (who am I forgetting?) get first crack at any available jobs. That's what a "union" does. I got my own insurance.

ALPA's failings are it's own greed. It cares nothing about it's membership so long as it collects it's dues. It assures it's own existence, by being the largest unio....er... pilot association out there.

Whether there's a strike or not, NKALPA will settle. It'll be a draw, at best, but will not improve their lot, much. Not until the NK pilots are, 50%+1, prepared to stay unemployed for any length of time if not permanently. I bet very few are.

The industry is a joke and needs to completely implode.
Hal,
I have been a member of 3 different Unions. My point was the ATA guys had no say in how management ran ATA into BK. My position was and is, APLA is not a Real Union, if it was, an unemployed pilot could go into any local chapter and be put on the roster according to his initial entry into the union date. Works for carpenters, plumbers and electricians as well as a bunch more. You might note I have always been a Unionista, and pretty militant at that. The pilots in this country have the economy by the balls, they just don't realize it. A hundred thousand or so pilots control all long haul passenger/freight operations and if we were truly organized would have more power than any single group of individuals, including politicians, we could dictate ALL AIR TRANSPORTATION, and many if not all transportation details.
PBR

Hal,
I have been a member of 3 different Unions. My point was the ATA guys had no say in how management ran ATA into BK. My position was and is, APLA is not a Real Union, if it was, an unemployed pilot could go into any local chapter and be put on the roster according to his initial entry into the union date. Works for carpenters, plumbers and electricians as well as a bunch more. You might note I have always been a Unionista, and pretty militant at that. The pilots in this country have the economy by the balls, they just don't realize it. A hundred thousand or so pilots control all long haul passenger/freight operations and if we were truly organized would have more power than any single group of individuals, including politicians, we could dictate ALL AIR TRANSPORTATION, and many if not all transportation details.
PBR

Wow.. You've picked the best place to be a rambling idiot walking around terminals preaching about unionism, Skywest. Hows that working out?

Wow.. You've picked the best place to be a rambling idiot walking around terminals preaching about unionism, Skywest. Hows that working out?

better yet a scumbag GJ pilot (read you CX) telling any pilot something about unionism.

Latest resources

Back