• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin Awarded Love Field Gates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uh, no Bubba;) I do think waiting until all parties, especially Dallas, agree VA gets them. GK hasn't conceded anything yet.

I still laugh about when he [Carty] told cnbc years ago that "it's very expensive to put airplanes on food."

Both AA and the DOJ have chosen VX for the gates. AA tried to transfer the gate lease to VX and the city council denied it. AA has a right in their contract a clause to sublease the two gates to another airline and it "cannot be unduly denied" by Dallas city officials. Legally, the city doesn't have a leg to stand on if both the DOJ and AA want VX to get the gates. They are only shooting themselves in the foot, but pressure no doubt from a legacy (not LCC) SWA and their lobbied/bought LEK consultants.

SW would bring the most passengers!

Maybe. Until SWA announces a full schedule (quite a few cities would get only one roundtrip per day from DAL) and until they publish the fares, it is hard to say. Besides, do you really define "competition" being one airline going from 80% of owning an airport's gates to 90%? Sounds like a complete monopoly.

WHERE WERE VA/DELTA when the WRIGHT AD was in EFFECT---I ask again WHERE were they? Southwest had a thumb on them for years out of LOVE!!!!

If SW didn't stay there would be High raise building there, condos and everyone would be under AA mercy.

VA and any airline could have come to DAL anytime and fly to a neighbor state and then any where else in the USA, but they didn't want to do that to fly to LOVE then. I am not sure what VA would get out of Love...United is going to go to SFO, ORD, EWR, IAH from Dallas Love too. Southwest wanted to go to Raleigh, Charlotte, Panama City FL, MKE, BOS,SEA, ORF, IND...to COMPETE with AA out of DFW.

Hey if VA gets the gates, the traveling folks will get more options on 4 cities versus 15 cities

Competition, compare the prices at home and decide which has the best price and drive or ride to that airport. They are a whopping 20 minutes away.

9581027_1m.jpg

Maybe whoever loses will sue and tie the gates up in court for years and no one will get to use the gates. Sound familiar?

Latest resources

Back