• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin Awarded Love Field Gates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So VAs flights to ORD,SFO,LGA,DCA is such great competition. How many flights are there to these cities already from Dallas?

SW said they would go to 10 other cities...cities like CLT. Check out those prices from Dallas. AA/US no competition.

SW would hire how many more jobs, and VA would hire how many?

Great news! Hope VA wasn't too soon to celebrate...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/today...eats-on-sale-for-dallas-love-flights/8144381/

Virgin America CEO David Cush tells Today in the Sky that the carrier has an agreement with American for the gates and that the deal has the approval of the Justice Department.
The deal would still need to be OK'd by the city of Dallas, which owns the airport.
"The consent of the city manager is required for American to transfer these gates," Cush tells Today in the Sky by phone. "Our view is that it should be forthcoming quickly. At the same time, we are respectful of the city's process. So we're going to participate in that."

This, and the end language of the WA, are small victories. But they very good news for fair competition. VA is going to make some serious $ at Love.

Last edited:
Umm, have you seen our latest quarterly report? I think we're making some excellent decisions......

So decreasing competition at DFW for AA (and where VA could add more and more flights out of DFW with more gates makes more sense I guess) We all know why AA wanted VA to move.

Going to laugh when United flies their 757-300 out of DAL to those same cities.

The additional Southwest cities include: Charlotte, N.C.; Charleston, S.C.; Detroit; Indianapolis; Memphis; Minneapolis/St. Paul; Newark, N.J.; Philadelphia; Raleigh/Durham, N.C.; Sacramento, Calif.; San Francisco; and Seattle/Tacoma. A little math tells us that some of those cities would get only one round trip a day.

In addition, Southwest said that it would start service to five more cities out of Love Field in 2015: Boston; Oakland; Panama City Beach, Fla.; Portland, Ore.; and San Jose, Calif.

I sure as hell would have waited for Dallas to ok what the DOJ suggested. I don't care if the DOJ and the Pope endorsed VA, they are not from Texas. Shouldn't change the decision, but a huge misstep on VA's part going forward.

I sure as hell would have waited for Dallas to ok what the DOJ suggested. I don't care if the DOJ and the Pope endorsed VA, they are not from Texas. Shouldn't change the decision, but a huge misstep on VA's part going forward.

"...not from Texas"? Is that the criteria? Wait... Are you saying that those gates should go to a good Texas airline like Southwest? :)

Bubba

Latest resources

Back