Virgin Awarded Love Field Gates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How much help did SWA get after 9/11?

When have they ever needed anything that they did not get? The WA was adjusted when/how they wanted, and now it's almost gone. Having 18 of 20 gates at Love does not jive with a fair market. What have they ever divested? When has a legacy been forced to divest something that SWA wasn't the primary benefactor?

Flop,

Wouldn't be cool if Continental had their own special Wright Amendment? Show me were in the history of domestic aviation has Federal Government Regulation passed to throttle back one carrier.

The biggest difference over the years between SW and other carriers has been horrible management at the legacies. But Flop would rather say it's Government kick backs.

Flop, why would we give up slots (at slot controlled airports) when we've never operated at any of them? Your logical is laughable.

Last edited:
Flop, shouldn't you be more concerned with how United's being managed than SWA?

You aren't seriously saying that it's SWA's fault that united just posted big losses are you?

You aren't seriously saying that it's SWA's fault that united just posted big losses are you?

Well of course I'm not saying that Wave. Come on! We've been discussing this for years, you know me better than that. Frankly, United might be toast. And it's [almost] equal blame between CAL & UAL. UAL never really fixed/dealt with their problems, and CAL brought a RJ/outsourcing obsessed empty suit CEO to the equation.

That being said: one big reason a legacy CEO like Anderson is the exception and not the rule is, most good leaders do not want to manage against the BS favoritism SWA receives. Potentially good airline CEOs will just go elsewhere and not be subjected to having to compete in a market that is not balanced and fair.

Latest resources

Back